Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this setup yet? I will be purchasing a WB kit soon and wanted to see if anyone else has experience with it yet?

"The Innovate “Standalone Gauge Kit” comes complete with the NEW! LC-1 Wideband Controller, NEW! XD-1 Programmable Digital Gauge, Bosch 5-wire Wideband 02 Sensor, Bung/Plug Kit, Software CD, and owners manual."

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/xcart/customer/home.php?cat=252

·
Registered
23 Posts
...i have the innovate lm1 along with the rpm coverter sensor set....excellent product...i am tuning (err..learning to tune) my car with it as we speak.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah there's tons of LM1 information on SF but that's not what I am asking.

I'm asking about the new standalone gauge "kit" here.... TTT anyone?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the LC-1 is now shipping according to Innovative's website and my order is in at HPF. Guess I'll let everyone know how it works out if I am the first?

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
sorry i didnt chime in sooner.
yes the LC-1 is brand spankin new. it isnt even listed on the dealer's price sheet dated march 05. the gauge itself has been out for a few months, it rocks!
be sure to post back with your thoughts and impressions.

dave

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will do. However I was just notified that it'll ship in about 4 weeks from HPF! uggh. So I will start holding my breath...... now :X. Guess it takes 4 weeks for HPF to coordinate with Innovative, hmmm.

I figured instead of getting the large LM-1 kit I'd go with this. For me the recording features on the 52mm gauge should suffice and it also looks nice. From my understanding the LC-1 kit can also run with a LM-1 unit so someday if I wanted to add datalogging ability I can.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
TTT

Well I got the LC-1 recently and it looks as advertised. Gauge was a lot more shallow than I expected but should make for easier mounting.

I am currently dealing with how to run the cable. The O2 sensor only has about a 2 foot long cable and then a large plug that goes into the other piece of the cable (which includes the electronics immediately after "in" the cable). Problem is my RT DP has the WB bung way back by the start of the "cat-back" on the driver's side. I may try to go through the drain hole on the driver side but not sure if it'll reach.

A rep from Innovative said that this kit was designed to be able to run outside the cabin, electronics in the cable and all. Looking at it I'd rather not but I may have no choice. It appears to me that they expected this to be used in the stock O2 sensor location. I'm still waiting to hear back if this kit will talk to the stock ECU and maybe I can put it there.

I'll be installing soon and will post back. I should probably get pics, Innovative's website hides this short part off the sensor :)

Not sure if anyone else has the LC-1 and knows any more info than me? If so this is a good place to chime in :)

·
greasemonkey
3,138 Posts
looks sweet. id like the black/black to go wit hteh rest of my gauges. does it need a laptop to datalog? didnt really say.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It has software and a serial cable for a laptop. The gauge also has a record feature.

·
greasemonkey
3,138 Posts
awesome, if i dont have it by x-mas, i know what im asking for. lol

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
bcg04 said:
It has software and a serial cable for a laptop. The gauge also has a record feature.

How exactly does the record feature work? Can you use the cable it came with to datalog on a laptop or something?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I know the Standalone gauge kit is still fairly new as there's not much info on SF about it but I'm just wondering all in all, what is the difference between the LC1 and LM1.

Bump on what psifactor asked above.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
VINZE said:
Bump on what psifactor asked above.
I emailed Innovative and here is the response on my question:

Kelly,

The LC-1 is meant to be used in conjunction with the XD-1 as a standalone
gauge or it is ideal for applications such as Dynos, Data Acquisition,
Standalone ECUs, and Gauges.

The LM-1 offers the capability of data logging. The LM-1 can log 6 channels
of data, up to 44 minutes, 12 times per second, in multiple sessions. The
additional 5 channels of data other than the A/F can be added to the log
with either the RPM converter or the AuxBox. The RPM converter will have the
ability of picking up 4 existing sensors on the vehicle plus RPM. The AuxBox
will give you the choice of picking sensors existing from the vehicle or use
the 5 internal sensors. The five internal sensors are Manifold Air Pressure
(MAP or Boost), Cylinder Head Temperature (CHT) or Exhaust Gas Temperature
(EGT), RPM conversion (from a tach signal or inductive clamp), Acceleration,
and Injector Duty Cycle (or Dwell).

Regards,

Felipe Saez
Innovate Motorsports
(949) 502-8400 ext.407
5 Jenner #100
Irvine, CA 92618
www.tuneyourengine.com

I went with the plx m-500 and should have it by the end of this week.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Thanks for the response. Ya I got the same copy and pasted response from Innovative a few minutes ago. It seems as if all you're really paying for when purchasing the LC-1 is simply the gauge itself.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I should have my LC-1 and XD-1 in my car and running shortly. Been working on other issues on my car that have taken up a lot of my time. I'll get some pics and post some impressions soon hopefuly.

I know I've decided I am going to replace the stock O2 sensor with this kit (this will send NB to the ECU and pretend to be stock). This will eliminate the need to run the portion of the cabling with the electronics on it ouside the cabin.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts