Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to get in there with a rag and wipe the inside a bit?

mine is a bit cloudy and it looks like its just kind of dust like as if windex or similar would polish it back up.

the high beam looks like if i remove 3-5 little screws that the bulb/reflector part will pop out and i could possibly fit my hand in there.

im gonna try it later today but just wondering if this is a legit method or if anyone has cleaned the inside of the housings before without putting the headlights in the oven and seperating them.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
im talking about hacking into the inside of the headlight without seperating it

to wipe the inside of the lens

[edit] brb im gonna see what happens when i remove the few philips head screws i was looking at last night.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
if you are trying the clean the reflector itself I dont think it will help, it is a frost that the put on as a coating, i dont think you can wipe it off easily but you can try.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so i tried.

there is 4 bolts and then you remove 3 more and you can take out the bulb and a rubber grommet type seal and thats basically it.

cant fit anything in the bulb hole. basically the whole operation got shut down.

looks like the only way to clean the inside is to get some new seals and open up the housing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts