Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics of the inside of my ECU. There was some confusion as to wether this was a Gforce or not. Anyone familiar with the inside of one that has been chipped? Does the fact that the screw heads under the one side cover have been soldered over indicate that this is in fact a Gforce? How about the white label showing in the one pic between the two boards? Does the hand written sticker on top of a chip indicate non toyota work? Just trying to figure out if this particular ECU has been modified. The screw heads on only the one board are soldered. If you turn it over to the other side with the other cover off too those screw heads inside are not soldered.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think the G Force modded ecu has an extra circuit board added, which would then require the spacer RSA mentioned. If you check out Reg Reimers website, it shows what I'm talking about.

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well the porblem is I dont know what size this daughter card is supposed to be and I dont know how many boards the factory ECU started with. Have yet to look into a stock one ( which would immediately solve my problem of course ).
Sooooooo, anyone know how many total boards are inside the factory ecu's vs. Upgraded units? Mine has two equal size "large" boards that are nearly the size of the outer covers. Then if you look stinkin close ( its almost impossible to see everything in between even with light ) you'll also find a third board which is much smaller. Perhaps this smaller board is what many have refered to as the "daughter" board found in upgraded ecus. This smaller board looks terribly stock to me. Its inbetween the two larger boards tucked right in the center and hard to see. I doubt very much that its been added, but the fact that the screw heads on only one side are soldered over makes me think this ecu has been upgraded. Also the fact that theres a chip ( pictured above ) with really non typical toyota hand righting on it makes me think its been upgraded. Anyone know how to tell for sure? Anyone have an extra OBD II sitting around that you could open and count the boards? Maybe look in the corner at the chip and see if its got hand written tag? Check the screws for solder?

·
Getrag Gearhead
1,872 Posts
send me an email and I'll send you a pic of an ODB1 ecu with techtom boards on it. from there you may compare to see ifits the same or not.

[email protected]

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks JOE !

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
anyone ever see inside a stock ecu? Need to know if theres two full sized boards of just one?

·
Registered
165 Posts
I bought my car second hand with a g-force unit and wanted to know what it was programed with. I know I have increased rev limiter, boost cut removed and increased boost. Can the g-force be programed with anything else? Do I have to remove the unit and take it apart to know what was programed to it? Thanks

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I would also like to see some internal photos. I have an OBDII G-Force that I’ve had for several years and never used and I was thinking about selling it. Rather than posting previous owners names out there I would just like to confirm what I have. I actually believe this is a Technosquare reprogrammed ECU.

Thanks guys!

David
Boost ON!

·
Registered
330 Posts
I would also like to see some internal photos. I have an OBDII G-Force that I’ve had for several years and never used and I was thinking about selling it. Rather than posting previous owners names out there I would just like to confirm what I have. I actually believe this is a Technosquare reprogrammed ECU.

Thanks guys!

David
Boost ON!
Hrmm, i would like to see a pic of yours too but ahen i get back home i will post some pics of my ecu which is odb1 (94)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts