Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just yesterday I had a new 6spd Getrag installed in my SC300 w/2JZGTE. I also had a new stock flywheel installed while everything was taken apart. I was told my stock clutch was in good shape so we didnt touch it. Even when I had my 1st Getrag in, I never had problems downshifting or anything.

Now when I downshift even very softly and easy, right when the clutch grabs the whole rear end of the car, and my steering column vibrate violently! It doenst sound good either! It scares the hell out of me. The clutch petal felt very stiff when I brought the car into the shop like a clutch should, but now it feels so soft it's questionable, it effortless. Please help me out here. I have a custom 2 piece driveshaft and stock rear end ffrom my '94 SC. Any insite would help.

·
Registered
194 Posts
It sounds like your clutch isnt fully disengaging. Maybe air, a leak or a bad master cylinder.

Asgar

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh great

I dont know I would haveto ask him, I did also notice a small cloud of smoke come from under the car when I started it before. it smelt like something was burnt. This is rediculous.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts