Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

well, i am wondering if anyone knows of a place in either philadelphia area or raleigh NC area that can help out with passing my MKIII that has no cats. i know this is illegal, but i used to have a guy and he moved. so i dont want to throw a cat in just for inspection if i can avoid it. any help/names would be helpful. and dont freaking flame me...i know this is not exactly in accordance to state law. willing to make it worth while.

thanks

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Getting a post in before thread locked!!!!!:p

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
throw a stock exhaust on for the test...

Ang

·
Registered
219 Posts
i remember hearing about this stuff that u can pour in ur tank that would help ur car pass the exhaust fumes test..cant remember the name of it, but i heard it werks, chek out the speedshops....u kant get it at autozone/strauss:cool:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hes going to FAIL the visual...unless you put in a cat!

In KS,...we don't worry about that crap.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lancefloyd said:
hes going to FAIL the visual...unless you put in a cat!

In KS,...we don't worry about that crap.
yea unless the people are too lazy to check for that crap (like us here in CO)

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
You could go to your local shop, have them write you an estimate... take it to the emissions people, and since it'll be more than 300, you get waived for a year I think.

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
As for visual... you gotta have some stock exhaust.
As for the chemical smog test it self, I have heard of guys using thier SAFC or similar to tune the fuel wayyyyy lean and pass the test.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
wait, how much alcohol do i have to drink to pass the smog test?
but it will be interesting how i can tune my emanage and see how clean i could get it to run...

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You just have a straight pipe on there? You could always throw an empty cat on your car..knock the insides out etc..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts