Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Took the car to my guy to get it inspected this morning. Before we knew it a State Trooper does a u-do-it out in front of the shop & comes on in. He takes a look at my car, notices the inspection is out & sees my GT spec exhaust & then asks my guy to put it up on the lift. To my absolute astonishment, turns out my car seems to have misplaced its cats :cool: . After about a 15 minute lecture ranging from the legal & safety issues of no cats to all the dangers of street racing (seeing as how my car was so obviously set up for street racing because I had wheels & an exhaust, lol) all I had to show for it was a big fat rejection sticker on the dawg (but no tickets :hail: ). Anybody got a semi-local hookup on inspections or maybe a cheap set of stock cats I can get??? Just PM me if you can help. Thanks guys, D.

· You serious?
13,720 Posts
If an exhaust is the only performance mod you have on the car:

1) replace exhaust with stock one
2) pass inspection
3) put exhaust back on
4) profit??

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah man, wish I could but the dp/exhaust system I took off the car to put on the RMM dp/GT spec didn't have a cat on it either so i'm a little screwed right now without a hookup or a set of cats. Think I found a set out west, but was really hoping to find one semi-locally. Might just pull the rejection sticker off & try & get it inspected at another shop tomorrow & see how it goes.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why would not having a cat fail your inspection? Around here inspection they just test the lights, horn, wipers, tires, brakes...you've got some assholes down there
State law requires one, but most places just assume it has one on it & only check the basics. Unfortunately, the trooper got a hard on for my car & made him put it up on the lift & he inspected it along w/ my guy & found the lack of cats. Thing that pissed me off was the mini lecture about street racing. Considerin I was just getting my car inspected, shihh was a little overboard.

· Registered
1,067 Posts
im sure we could all meet up one day. I dont think i have even put 50 miles on my supra since the summer began so probably havnt seen me at all :eek:

As far as local sightings, I have seen a chick driving i think a baltic blue mkiv twice in this area. And as far as people i know, Seth, Ryan and his dad are the only other supra owners i know in this area.

399 Posts
im sure we could all meet up one day. I dont think i have even put 50 miles on my supra since the summer began so probably havnt seen me at all :eek:

As far as local sightings, I have seen a chick driving i think a baltic blue mkiv twice in this area. And as far as people i know, Seth, Ryan and his dad are the only other supra owners i know in this area.
That would be a good idea, wouldnt mind meeting other supra owners in the area. I have a friend that has a black 94 other then that, dont know of any others

· Registered
1,067 Posts
Well i guess the first thing is finding out when everyone is free to meet up and then just put together a small meet. Doesnt have to be anything too special. Maybe somewhere in Richmond where we will not get hassled as much as the other counties.

399 Posts
Well i guess the first thing is finding out when everyone is free to meet up and then just put together a small meet. Doesnt have to be anything too special. Maybe somewhere in Richmond where we will not get hassled as much as the other counties.
i agree, im chesterfeild and would like to stay out of henrico, but id be down just let me know

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.