Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
inspection results NEED HELP

so here's another inspection thread

basically i got my car inspected and failed, this is what i failed for leaky gas cap, high amount of NOx (standard:1077 mine: 1300) and HC (standard:144 mine: 248)... since this inspection i have replaced the gascap, cleaned the K&n filter, and changed the oil. I also added this stuff called "guarenteed to pass" that a friend recommended
What else do you guys think i should do to pass?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
well here is the deal on emmissions. and i don't really care what other people say.

CO= air fuel ratio.. NOTHING MORE... rich= higher lean= lower.
HC= misfires
NOX= EGR system

rules of thumb= CO's can affect HC's; HC's cannot affect CO's
NOX is produced when unburned HC's reach 2500 degees and form NITROGENS OF OXIDE, the EGR system is the only thing that reduces them

For a catyclic converter to work it need to reach 550 degees and has an operating range of 650 degrees to converter the bad gases (HC's and CO's) to C02 AND O2.

fix your misfires and getting a working EGR and you should do fine.

·
Tired of being sexy
530 Posts
If the car is in proper working order and a decent cat, you should pass with absolutely no problems. I do, and I have a crapload of mods. I am usually well below the requirements.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmm misfires..... my sparkplugs and wires are about a year old.... except my sparkplugs may be flooded with oil... i guess i'll check that out 2morrow.. but does anyone know if my previous results seemed way off?

·
Banned
302 Posts
malloynx said:
well here is the deal on emmissions. and i don't really care what other people say.

CO= air fuel ratio.. NOTHING MORE... rich= higher lean= lower.
HC= misfires
NOX= EGR system

rules of thumb= CO's can affect HC's; HC's cannot affect CO's
NOX is produced when unburned HC's reach 2500 degees and form NITROGENS OF OXIDE, the EGR system is the only thing that reduces them

For a catyclic converter to work it need to reach 550 degees and has an operating range of 650 degrees to converter the bad gases (HC's and CO's) to C02 AND O2.

fix your misfires and getting a working EGR and you should do fine.
so will higher octane lower your NOx? the stupid place I went to did ap ull in 1st gear on the dyno instead of 2nd

1 - 5 of 5 Posts