Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to install this exhuast myself? Anyone here done it and have any tips, like what will i need?

thanks

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Yeah, easy as pie as long as you have jackstands and basic tools.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
to remove your stock exhaust, jack the car up, make sure it is stable and secure. Move under it and undo the bolts holding it to the downpipe, and separate the two so that they are free to move inependantly while still hanging from the car. Then twist the end of the exhaust pipe which connected to the DP toward the passenger side of the car, and the forwad rubber mounting will come off. Then lift it up, and releive the tension on the rear hangars near the tip of the exhaust, and it will come right off.

To install, bolt the Blitz exhaust loosely to the Dp, then place the hangars on. Once it is on snugly, tighten the bolts connecting it to the DP. "hanging" the exhaust first may lead to problems as you try to pull the two ends of the DP and the exhaust into line to slip bolts through their flanges. I found this out the hard way. :)

Once you get under there, you'll see it is quite simple.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Don't forget to drench the nuts of the downpipe with PB Blaster and wait before tackling the job, and use some WD-40 on the rubber hangers to get them to slide off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, i appreciate it.

should i delete the thread so it doesnt take up space?

thanks again

·
911 Turbo Now
1,391 Posts
wow, a noobie who actually thinks. GL. Also, i just used regular handsoap on my hangers. And you will love the exhaust, i love my nurspec.

ALso, u may want to go buy a new hanger for the muffler itself, its pretty hevy on 10 year old brittle hangers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts