Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today I removed the hose coming out of iac and installed a breather filter. Now the car idles really high. This hose was once connected to intake pipe when car was on stock ecu with maf. After installing proefi, a new air filter pipe was installed and this hose was no longer porting into intake pipe. Other end was still attached to iac on intake manifold but other end was just left unconnected exposed to air. So i removed the hose today entirely and placed a breather filter. Now my car idles 500-700rpm higher than normal and when throttle is blipped, the rpm stays at 2k and wont come down. Any ideas as to why it's doing this? Maybe with breather filter, I'm sucking in too much air?

Tuned on proefi 112, 850cc injectors, 6266 turbo.

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
Vacuum leak. Are you on MAF or something else?

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Make sure the IAC is torqued correctly.

Steve K.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have this same issue with mine. I bought a brand new one, as my current one works...occasionally and Jay at Real St recommended I find another. I did, and me thinking it is just a swap and go deal, I did just that. My car INSTANTLY started idling at 3k. And didn't come down. FREAKED me out. lol Especially since it was nice and cold and went straight to 3k haha. I haven't really figured out why it did it. I am running my "broken" one for now. So definitely in for info please.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Possibly a dumb question, are you referring to the torque to manifold, or the center bolt inside the IAC itself?
The IAC is bolted to the intake manifold with 2 bolts. There is a gasket in between. I would order a new gasket and then re install the IAC and torque correctly. I think it is 15ft/lbs. Make sure the check valve stays in the manifold when you swap the gaskets.

Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Strange thing is that if put back on my old iac hose, the idle is normal again. It doesn't make sense that if I have a vacuum leak somewhere, just putting back the old iac hose back on wouldn't solve the leak. Also, the hose is just exposed to atmosphere, not connected to intake.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
My guess is the IAC had to be open more when you had the hose on there and the PRO EFI learned that value. Now you have freed up the airflow and it doesn't know what to do. Try blocking part of the airfilter and see what happens.

Steve

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is exactly what I'm suspecting. With the breather filter on, I almost hear too much air being sucked into the intake. So my question is does the proefi have to be retuned for the change in airflow? Or will proefi eventually "readjust" on it's own?

My guess is the IAC had to be open more when you had the hose on there and the PRO EFI learned that value. Now you have freed up the airflow and it doesn't know what to do. Try blocking part of the airfilter and see what happens.

Steve

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
That is exactly what I'm suspecting. With the breather filter on, I almost hear too much air being sucked into the intake. So my question is does the proefi have to be retuned for the change in airflow? Or will proefi eventually "readjust" on it's own?
The ProEFI does have a long term trim and will learn. However your so far off your target now that I would just go in and lower the duty cycle. Takes about 10 seconds to do.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Can you please elaborate how I can lower the duty cycle? Please excuse my ignorance.

The ProEFI does have a long term trim and will learn. However your so far off your target now that I would just go in and lower the duty cycle. Takes about 10 seconds to do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts