Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First impressions: The turbos are MUCH louder. I can actually hear the stock BOV too! This alone made the purchase worthwhile

As far as power, the SOTP meter often lies, so I can't say...it feels like 10hp or so, but who knows...the throttle response is better for sure, and the car seems to pull a bit easier on the freeway.

Overall, I like it.

Now I'm waiting on the downpipe and then I'll throw that on with the rest of the BPU stuff and I think the car will be very fun to drive.

·
4 T's and an X
2,100 Posts
I have one and like it. What sucks is I have an aluminum aftermarket radiator. The stock duct does not work with the hole in the airbox and the radiator. I have to get some of that thermal wrap and cover up the hole.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I can imagine running into issues with aftermarket stuff like that...if I was going single I'd be sure to account for all the potential problems, but with just the BPU stuff I'm just piecing it together one at a time.

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
It's hard to account for all the potential problems when going APU, trust me. I'm not APU, but BPU and just deciding what to go with was a PITA! Then you hear about something better and now want to change... :blah: :blah: :blah:

It's never easy. Well congrats on your part, it really seems like it was money well spent. I haven't heard of any bad things as of yet so it must be the single basic part that's mostly praised. Congrats!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr2jzgte said:
It's hard to account for all the potential problems when going APU, trust me. I'm not APU, but BPU and just deciding what to go with was a PITA! Then you hear about something better and now want to change... :blah: :blah: :blah:

It's never easy. Well congrats on your part, it really seems like it was money well spent. I haven't heard of any bad things as of yet so it must be the single basic part that's mostly praised. Congrats!
Yea, I heard nothing but praise for the max air box and for downpipes, so I figured I couldnt go wrong with those 2 simple things :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
stoplightWarrior- did you get the max air box for the stock intake or aftermarket intake? I can't understand how it would make your turbos and BOV louder if you add the max air box into an aftermarket intake...

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
I have a max air box on my HKS SMF and it also seems to spool a tiny bit faster and louder. I thought it was just me but other people have noticed it on my car as well. Awesome mod.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PsyKotiC RydeR said:
stoplightWarrior- did you get the max air box for the stock intake or aftermarket intake? I can't understand how it would make your turbos and BOV louder if you add the max air box into an aftermarket intake...
I had the completely bone stock intake setup...right down to the paper filter...so over that setup, this one is very noticeable!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts