Supra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, This is real strange. I just installed a new 02 because I was doing stuff and it was really accessable. Besides, I have almost 70K miles, and it was probably time.

Whats strange, is my FJO is now showing my idle AF at mid 15's to 16+. My other 02 read perfect, right at 14.7 +/- at idle. The new 02 actually read OK for about 5 miles. Then I went 20 miles on the freeway when it started to do this. I have reset my ECU, checked all the connections. The car runs fine and idles smoothly. Is it possible that new OEM 02's read this high when new? Do they need to be "broken in". I have not touched anything, like VPC SAFCII, so I hav'nt made any adjustments.

In the last 3-5K miles, I have installed new plugs, new fuel filter, new injectors, and new coil packs, to rule out those.

I have read some other posts and it appears having this relatively higher AF at idle isnt uncommon. It also appears to be something not ot worry about.

So any ideas, suggestions, or comments would be well received here!

·
Stock Twins King
4,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I thought I would post the results of my problems.
What had happened was that I had just installed a new clutch at the same time they installed the new 02. Well, they didnt tighten down my DP enough, so when I went driving, everything look good. But on my return trip, the bolts to my DP loosened enough to cause a small gap, producing an exhaust leak. I turned my car on this weekend and heard the exhaust noise that I didnt hear before. I tighted the bolts to my DP and the AF has now gone back to normal. I assume that since the 02 is only a couple of inches away from the DP connection, it caused a mis read by my FJO. Its always interesting to see how everything needs to be just right, or things arnt going to work!!

Stu

1 - 2 of 2 Posts