Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Breakin' Stuff
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having some trouble figuring out the wiring for installing such an igniter. The wiring going from the ignition box to the coil pack is do-able with an ohm meter to figure everything out. But the four wires that go into the igniter (the 3 input signals and the voltage supply) are really tough to figure out.

So for whomever has installed a DIS-4, do you know the color combinations of the wires going into the ignition box (ond out too, so I can double check how it is hooked up). We should get this information posted on the forum so that it can benifit the supra community.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just installed mine this weekend its easy do ya have the bypass plug? the two reds from the MSD harness go to the orange and black from the engine harness thats the main power and the White from the coil harness hook up to the Brown /orange the rest are triggers and coil wires .
The coils are in 3 channels #1 has the #1 plug wire going to it
#2 has the #2 plug wire going to it and #3 has the #3 plug wire going to it.

When all else fails read the instructions.
1. you have to cut the coil pack harness and hook up the brown/white from the MSD to coil #1-
2. hook up the brown/green to the coil #2-
3 hook up the brown yellow to the coil #3-
4 hook up the brown/violet to a ground
now thats for the coil pack
Now the engine harness side (trigger-ignitor)
5 hook up the white to the engine harness side that went to coil pack #1- this is called the trigger
6 hook up the green to the engine harness side that went to the coil#2
7 hook up the yellow to the engine harness side that went to the coil harness #3
8 make sure you ground out your violet wires they are for v8s .
If you are using the ignition adapters the car wont start with then hooked up they are to be intalled after the ignition is hooked up but to make sure you wiring is correct you are to use the supplied plug that comes with the MSD
**(ALL OF THE WHITE WIRES COMING FROM THE COIL HARNESS ARE + )

All you are doing is making a loop for the MSD to go through by installing the supplied plug your essentially using the stock igntion with some new longer wires.

Hope this helps Im going from memory here but mine fired right up after my install I have yet to set up the ignition but I got the wiring part done .

·
Breakin' Stuff
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.

For wiring on the coil side I was trying to wire through the harness, but going straight through the coils would keep things cleaner.

I am not familiar with what the bypass plug is. (unless it is on the MSD harness)

This should be enough information for me to figure things out. The instruction manual is very general, and is somewhat tough to figure out for a generic type of installation.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The plug should have come with your dis 4 unless you bought it used and if you go to the website they have the whole install on a pdf file you can download

1 - 4 of 4 Posts