Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about putting a factory premium in a Supra that does not have the premium system.

I took the premium system out of my TT and was going to put it in my NA. I remove the wire harness, the amp, and the head unit from my TT. I hooked everything up in my NA and it would not even come on. I noticed that there was a two prong plug that plugs into the harness going to the factory amp. My NA did not have the plug to go into to this harness.

Has anyone ever put a Premium factory system is a car that did not come with the factory premium system... If someone could give me some advice on how to make this work I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Shane

·
Registered
479 Posts
your lucky, i just put a stock 97 tt in my 95 na and it works fine. There should be a power plug for the amp under the passenger's seat. the stock wire harness for the speaker should plug back into the car's harness. The sub wire are the only one not used. you should connect a ground wire to the stereo. that's all you need to make the stereo work. all the plugs should be in the car already. it's just plug and play. But remember you need a ground wire to connect to the stereo. Check your fuse just incase you blow them out .

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will add a ground and see if that works. On the wire harness for the premium, you have 3 female plugs, on the premium head unit plugs into, one that has the speaker wires/pwr, etc, and then you have a two prong female end. In my NA you do not have the male end of it, but in my TT it has the plug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts