Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I havn't seen any Supra in Melb with a oil catch can so I wasn't quite sure how to install my Greddy unit last weekend. I understand that it basically needs to sit between the crank-case ventilation port and air intake pipes before the turbos. Is that correct ?
Looking at the picture of how the system works
http://www.mkiv.com/manual/manualtt/emisson_control_system/ecs3.jpg
I have hooked my unit up between the crank case port on the right side of the engine (driver's sider in Australia and passenger side in the US) and the intake port (which is acutally on the 1st turbo intake pipe). This is so the fumes get caught when the car is turbocharging.
Any ideas if this is correct ? I guess I could have hooked it up to the PCV valve and intake manifold but looking at the diagram above this way does not flow when the car is turbocharging and I guess when most of the blow-by gas forms.
Thanks
Andrei

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely there must me someone around that has installed a Oil-Catch-Can (Oil-Air-Separator) that could shed some light on the situation. I think this would make a great DIY web page as there aren't any that I know of that show the install on a MKIV.
THanks
Andrei

·
Registered
87 Posts
SoupraTT said:
Surely there must me someone around that has installed a Oil-Catch-Can (Oil-Air-Separator) that could shed some light on the situation. I think this would make a great DIY web page as there aren't any that I know of that show the install on a MKIV.
THanks
Andrei
You have it right. I had mine the same way for a while.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts