Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked the TSRM. it only shows disassembly and exploded view..

I was wondering if anyone has done this before and I need to know step by step to drop the tank without breaking lines. wires. etx.. so I can install the walbro pump. some friend said that I could install it from the trunk it has round cover on it that has access to the pump??

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
The MKIV you can replace wihtout dropping the tank. You just remove a cover and it's there. The MKIII you have to drop the tank.

Make sure it's empty first and foremost. If it's not then use a 1/2 drive to remove the plug there on the bottom of the tank. Remove the 4 bolts/screws around the tank filler first so it can be lowered. Slowly loosen the two straps on the tank and get it lowered down and you will see the hard line that is the feed and the rubber return. The feed might be kind of hard to loosen as it's probably been on there for quite some time, but it will come out. Then you can remove the straps and the tank comes out. Then you can slide it out and work on the pump.

Make sure you get the ass end of the car really high up in the air as it needs some space to get the tank and the filler neck out.

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man!

that 4 screw for the filler was the thing I definitely will overlook!!

now I can begin working !

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Actually, you don't even need to remove anything around the filler neck. Just unhook the 3 lines first, pull the two front screws on the straps, and then let the straps pivot at the rear - it will drop right out. It's one of the easiest tanks I've dropped.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
It is real easy....watch out for the crap falling into your eyes

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shit falling into my eyes!!! LOL yeah it actually did happen!

it was PIECE OF A CAKE!!!! took me just an hour to install the pump and back on.

lines and hoses.. no problem. did not even struggle. it just popped out *whew*

now I need to adjust the pressure

1 - 7 of 7 Posts