Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed the HKS Super Sequential Blow off Valve? I bought the "86 1/2 - 92 Supra For stock port " one from Blowoffvalves.com and need some help installing it. I didn't get the one with the hardpipe so I'm not sure how it installs the other way. If anyone can help I'd be very thankful.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Well there seems to be a big problem here dude. Here's the situation. There is only one kit made for the MKIII and it has a hard pipe with it. It's meant to integrate right into your stock piping. The part# is 1421-ST001.

This stock port one that they are talking about has a part# of 1421-ST0012. There is no such part#. HKS doesn't have part#'s that are that long. BUT if you take off one of the zeros and use ST012, you have the MKIV kit for the stock port. The MKIV kit is designed to replace the stock port one. The MKIII kit is designed to plug those holes and use a replacement pipe.

I hate to say it, but you bought the MKIV kit my man. Sounds like someone has some false advertisement.

Do me a favor and go look up on the box the part#. I'd like to see which one they sold you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, you got the MKIV one. You can still use it, however. Just rig up a tube to connect the hks bov flange to the stock port on the 3000 pipe.

·
Mk3-Mk45-Passport-Eagle
570 Posts
when you receive the bov you'll see what needs to be rigged up its just a pipe that goes to your stock hoses/pipes.....may have to cut something weld new pipes bla bla bla

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
actually it plugs right into the stock port...

includes extra hosing and a plug for the stock return port...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Actually, installation of the MKIV kit on the MKIII isn't a problem at all because I have one installed on my MKIII. You'll just need to modify the mounting bracket that comes with the kit. Didn't even have to cut anything. You'll need to do a "little" bending of the bracket. I mounted the bracket to one bolt on the power steering reservoir. Connect the rubber hose on your 3000 pipe and use the rubber plug on the accordian hose. That's it. Fits and works perfectly......

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,129 Posts
Just buy the flange... and weld it to a pipe... any muffler shop should do it... sorry about the burn. But I'm sorta in the same situation, and if you do this, you'll never have to change it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts