Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't even find info on google or pics I need.

Got a new windshield and the bolt snapped inside of the mirror so windshield guy said hey sorry here is your mirror.

When I dropped the car off at the frame shop I asked them to drill the rest of it out for me. They did and tried to mount it on the windshield but said the part on the windshield is upside down (don't think it is it came on the glass and the windshield guy said he always makes sure it's the same as stock)

Well I was going to try myself but everything is in pieces. No damn idea where the round clip like thing goes. And my damn balls won't stay in.....

Any help, tips, suggestions?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot about this. Finally got around to gluing the little balls back into the plastic pieces. Granted I just figured out some glue leaked onto the table and now it's glued to the table but...

I still have no idea where the half circle part goes?

Attachments

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,547 Posts
...said the part on the windshield is upside down (don't think it is it came on the glass and the windshield guy said he always makes sure it's the same as stock)
For some reason, the mounts for the rear view mirror are frequently glued on upside down (from aftermarket glass manufacturers). Mine was like that 4 years ago when I had my windshield replaced. The installer had to use a heat gun to remove it and then re-glue it on right-side up.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
I will post pictures of mine in the morning. That should get you what you need. I accidentally pulled mine out earlier today so I'm quite familiar with it.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish I took a pic of the mount on the glass then. Top tired to walk to the garage now.
I tried putting it together how I think it should go lol yea had massive issues.

I'm pretty sure my car hates me.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts

Hopefully this helps you. The half round piece inserts to the body of the mount and hold in the steel balls. There is supposed to be plastic in between but yours looks like it's gone. Probably not a big deal.

If you need to see something else please let me know.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Subscribed.

I need to figure out what's up with mine. It's been screwed up since I bought it. It's not tight and it vibrates/wiggles constantly. Annoying as fuck, but I've evidently learned to deal with it. Embarrassingly, it's been that way for 10 years now.

I must have some sort of mental block about the small things like this. I'll get out and replace a transmission, or replace a dash assembly, etc., but something as simple as fixing a mirror?... nope. What a procrastinating motherfucker I am.

·
I wanna go fast!
865 Posts
Subscribed.

I need to figure out what's up with mine. It's been screwed up since I bought it. It's not tight and it vibrates/wiggles constantly. Annoying as fuck, but I've evidently learned to deal with it. Embarrassingly, it's been that way for 10 years now.

I must have some sort of mental block about the small things like this. I'll get out and replace a transmission, or replace a dash assembly, etc., but something as simple as fixing a mirror?... nope. What a procrastinating motherfucker I am.
It's going to shake around no matter what. The insert fits loosely inside the mount. Perhaps a new insert plus mount may fit tighter but without modification it's going to shake or start to shake eventually no matter what. It's a bit of a unique design as far as mirrors go. I think it's designed to break away without ripping the mount off the windshield. If you wedge something between the mount and insert on either side you can probably dampen it a bit but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm slow...
Thank you very much for the pictures!!! My windshield mount is upside down and looks totally different. It's sloped and no spot for that front ball.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I'm slow...
Thank you very much for the pictures!!! My windshield mount is upside down and looks totally different. It's sloped and no spot for that front ball.
My replacement windshield had that same mount. My windshield guy and I spent about an hour trying to figure out how to get the stock mirror to fit that but never got it on. No idea what mirrors fit on that mount.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Guess I'll order oem and try a heat gun on this one.... Hopefully

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had the same problem the T-30 screw was cross-threaded or bottomed out. I had some card stock jammed in it to hold it steady. You can see it here in this video. Supra Culture ep. 3 - A Supra Revival (Time 1:47 if you want to skip right to it.)

Drilled and EZ outted it.

This is the spacer with the remnants of the screw in it. (This is number 8 with #9 inside it.)

This is the correct orientation of the base. (This is number 7)

These should be the parts.... mine are on the way. I need a #8 spacer and a new screw not listed.

90148-60018 SCREW, HE LIST 1.09 COST 0.82

1 56101-14060 WINDSHIELD TOYOTA $1,290.02 $967.52
2 56115-14030 WINDSHIELD RETAINER $12.44 $10.08
3 56126-22030 WINDSHIELD SPACER $2.56 $2.12
4 75533-14190 REVEAL MOLDING $68.21 $55.25
5 04562-12010 DAM $58.70 $47.55
6 87810-14180-C0 MIRROR INSIDE $113.18 $87.15
7 87853-24020-C0 MIRROR INSIDE BASE $5.75 $4.77
8 87817-24010 MIRROR INSIDE SPACER $6.26 $5.20
9 87825-24010 MIRROR INSIDE SPRING $1.24 $1.03
10 74320-14702-C1 SUNVISOR, LEFT $65.28 $52.88
10 74310-14642-C1 SUNVISOR, RIGHT - -
11 74348-22020-B9 SUNVISOR HOLDER, RIGHT$8.85 $7.35
11 74348-22020-B9 SUNVISOR HOLDER, LEFT$8.85 $7.35

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
7 and 8 are what are on the windshield correct?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well.... I got the wrong one off of there. Heated the windshield up so it's warm to the touch. Tried fishing wire and it wasn't working just breaking the wire. So I'd heat it and wiggle a bit and repeat..
Then my she woman beast power broke the freaking windshield.

I mean it's ok... I have 5 entire days before my DMV inspection to get my title from salvage to rebuilt. Totally ok...

I hate my life.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Ok, i feel like i can maybe help a little here. I recently ran into this same problem. The previous owner had gotten a replacement windshield and my mount was upside down and incorrect, seems to be a common problem. The mount seems to be the one off the gs300 and if you look closely it has a notch at the top and 2 ball recesses on the sides, as opposed to the supra's hardware which has a ball at the top as well as the sides. I BELIEVE the spacer you need to fit the mount is part number 87817-30030. I just ordered one and will update when i have it and try to mount it.

also, #7 on the diagram above is not what is mounted to the windshield. its the plastic trim that surrounds what is glued to the windshield.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll post so pictures soon, I got rid of my stock mirror and installed a Toyota Homelink mirror. Opening the garage and community gate access on the home link is nice

1 - 20 of 21 Posts