Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m in the process of installing stock twin turbo system on mkiv. It will have to work in sequential mode again. Did anyone do this before, any advice maybe some directions? It doesn’t look that hard since not a lot of parts are involved in the system. But I hear it’s a lot of work to put them on, and that it’s very difficult. Again any advice, and steps are appreciated.

Thanks

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
Was your supra currently a TT or as your name suggest...going back from a single to a Seq. twin set-up?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
banton said:
Was your supra currently a TT or as your name suggest...going back from a single to a Seq. twin set-up?
I'm going back to stock twins, but not for long ;)

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
94Single said:
I'm going back to stock twins, but not for long ;)

IMO it's a PITA exercise if it is truely "not for long" before you go back to single. If you need a new turbo, I would suggest sucking it up and getting a new one vs. going back to TT, then back to a single in a couple months....but that is just my .02.

Brad

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
banton said:
IMO it's a PITA exercise if it is truely "not for long" before you go back to single. If you need a new turbo, I would suggest sucking it up and getting a new one vs. going back to TT, then back to a single in a couple months....but that is just my .02.

Brad
HAve you done it before? What was the hardest part?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it would be nice if someone had step by step instructions, with pictures where everyhting goes :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TwinTurboDevil said:
you need the manual. If I got a scanner, I'd scan those pages for you. I'm sure someone w/ a scanner can help you out.

Kevin
Thank you,

·
Registered
346 Posts
Just go to www.mkiv.com/manual . They have the instructions you'll need to put them back. It's not overly difficult, but it is kind of a pain. I had my car setup for a single, then I decided to put the stockers back in. The real pita will be rounding up all of the parts if you don't have them. Toyota no longer sells some of the nuts and bolts so you'll have to get them at a machine shop, or find someone that has them from their old twins. If you have any specifics, feel free to ask. Good Luck,
Tony

1 - 12 of 12 Posts