Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PlayBoy
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys..

Anyone know how to install new washer jets onto the bonnet? You can't seem to get to it from underneath....after taking the padding off.

Just wondering if there is a special way of going about it.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
SupraBoy said:
Hey guys..

Anyone know how to install new washer jets onto the bonnet? You can't seem to get to it from underneath....after taking the padding off.

Just wondering if there is a special way of going about it.

Thanks.

Onto the bonnet?

Are you talking about washer nozzels on the hood?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
There's 2 "legs" underneath the jets.....get under the hood bonnet and look at the bottoms of them where the snap in place. You need pliers to grab around each of those "legs" so that you can squeeze them both at the same time.

A trick I learned in the shops is that you can use a razor blade from the outside of the hood....you wont need to get under that fiberglass bonnet etc. Lay the blade flat on the hood, just up against the squirter. Push it under the squierter gasket and get it situated, then give it a good push until the squirter pops up on that side. **Do this in front and back of the squirter to push against the "legs" that hold it to the hood...NOT from either left or right sides (there are no legs there). Once the squirter pops up, grab it and get it out so you can pull the hose off. Twist the hose first to break it loose, then pull.

Dull the edge of the blade on something first if it's new, so that you dont scratch the hood. It's a pretty easy trick, just work the blade under the gasket and then push when it's in position.....and don't push in a downward direction....only straight ahead so that it doesnt want to dig into the paint.
Give it a try, its easier than this sounds.

·
PlayBoy
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
YOU MY MAN.... ARE A FREAKIN GENIUS!!!!

Thanks alot... i ended up using one of those miniture screwdrivers you use for watches.... just popped straight up..

problem now is... the washer nozzles i bought need to be screwed from underneath hhahahahahaha

Should have checked that beforehand hey.... but they are the spray mist type rather than the two jets.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
SupraBoy said:
YOU MY MAN.... ARE A FREAKIN GENIUS!!!!

Thanks alot... i ended up using one of those miniture screwdrivers you use for watches.... just popped straight up..

haha....you're welcome! Glad to be of some help.

Reactions: Dan94TT
I

·
0 Posts
Are you putting on the ones that light up? Those look great on all the civics!

:hay: :ghey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts