Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
If you're running a single turbo setup and not the stock twins, you can modify the upper water pipe to accept a sensor (or two). I have one that I modified with two 1/8NPT bungs in place of the stock nipples (one's plugged, the other for the sensor)...it's polished and looks great.

If you're interested in saving time with that approach, let me know -- I'm selling this one as I've already modified a second one for a slightly different project I'm doing now. :)

-David
'98 6Spd APU

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you've got a metal upper radiator pipe, you could modify that. If not, you'll probably have to use the metal pipe that comes out of the block that already has the two stock water temp sensors in it.

Do a search, there was a post from Axoman about this.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies guys. I was hoping to keep my stock temp gauge as well but it doesn't sound like the quickest fix. Life sucks when you're in med school and have zero free time. :(

also David I pmed you..

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
75440 Toyota Supra TT JZA80 2JZGTE $115.00

The BLITZ® Cooling Performer is constructed out of 2 ply silicone and was designed to replace the upper radiator hose of specific vehicles. The Cooling performer also an additional tap to simplify the installation of a water temperature gauge.

D

·
0 Posts
The biggest issue I saw was material thickness. From there, you have the 'depth' of the sensor once installed. There's definitely a few ways of solving this problem though, that's for sure. :)

-David
'98 6Spd APU

·
462 Posts
Insane4supras said:
Just use the stock water temp sensor hole. My Defi sensor screwed right in for a perfect fit.

Do you mean the upper sensor hole? That would be great if the defi temp sensor will fit right in!

Thanks!

Maury

·
462 Posts
Yep it fits right there on the top sensor.

I'll be testing more tomorrow.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts