Supra Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my supra is wingless, I am not sure if it came like that or the previous owner filled the holes and had the hatch repainted.

just ordered a TRD wing.

I need to have the holes drilled and I want them pint point exactly in the same spot like a factory wing Supra. I don't want it a few mm too close in or out.

anyone had holes in the hatch drilled before? would like some advice or help.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Open the hatch and pop off the inner plastic. In each side of the hatch you there are access holes to holes where the bolts to fasten the wing would go through. You should be able to see if they have been filled from there.
If not, I don't know how you would get the exact places to drill.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Assuming you're doing it yourself, assemble it and put it in position. Use rolled up tape with paint in the screw holes to mark where to drill. You're worried about a few mms? I don't see how you're ever really going to know, and a few mms wouldn't be noticable anyway.

One way to tell if it's been filled in is to look at it from the inside. Remove the trim and see if there are any weld marks. If they are there you might be able to redrill them.

Alternately, get the body shop that's painting it to fit it for you.

·
The Great Kruso
3,875 Posts
Lol at the title. Installing a wing on a NON-WingLESS car.
I wish I didn't NOT-couldn't read that title.
:lol: "Dave Chappelle: I'm sorry officer, I didn't know I couldn't do that".

·
Registered
222 Posts
Double negatives aside, another option might be to swap out your hatch with someone that already has a wing. Of course that means finding someone local with the same color, in decent condition, matching tint, if any. Possibly more trouble than it's worth. Still, if a few mm is that important to you, it's probably the only way to get it perfect.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
um....

grab some string, find a friend that has a winged car..

tape string exactly to edge of hatch to the side of one hole. run string up to exact center of hole, cut string. you now have the distance from the side.

repeat process from the back bottom of the lid to the center of the hole, you now have the height of the hole. transfer string to wingless car in same place, continue with life?

that or have a shop do it, doubt they could realistically charge more than 75 bucks to drill 4 holes in the right spots.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts