Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the turbo insterment panal have a boost gauge on it?

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like I'll be getting an aftermarket boost guage. Is there anyway to change guage clusters w/o loseing the odometer reading? mainly I just need the tach part.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You mean instrument........

You can take the gauge cluster apart, and just put in the tachometer you want. This will allow you to keep your speedo. Unless you want to pull the speedo apart, and you can just change that section of the gauge cluster.

It's possible to "adjust" the odometer to read whatever miles you want(or km).

Stan

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how would one perform this "adjustment"? Will the turbo guage cluster swap right in to an NA?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can carefully take apart your odometer, although this is illegal.

The turbo gauge will fit in the NA cluster, I don't know exactly what the modifications entail, as there are some resistors that you have to play with.

But the turbo gauge from the stock MKIII sucks. It's better to get a real boost gauge.

Stan

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where do you guys put your boost gauge, i was thinking in the little spot after the Tems controller with the pop up top.

·
Registered
237 Posts
When i installed the turbo engine my tach did not work. I got a tach out of a turbo car. I pulled the dash and replaced it and it work without any other adjustment. And i have a volt meter still and a aftermarket boost gauge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts