Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
It's pretty simple.

There are two bolts on both tranny and diff. One is a bolt plugging up the FILL hole (higher), the other bolt plugs up the DRAIN opening.

Whatever you do, first unbolt the FILL plug, because if that one is stuck or somethign and you already drained it, you're fucked.

If that plug comes off alright, drain it, then tighten the DRAIN plug, and proceed to fill it up.

Use long hose, funnel (placed at the side window height), and gravity-feed oil to fill it up, until you can feel the fluid level with your finger thru the FILL opening, or until it starts to drip out of the FILL hole.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's the same for both.

Remove the fill plug first to make sure it comes off and then remove the drain plug to drain out the old fluids. Then screw the drain plug back in and put in the new stuff through the fill hole.
Screw the fill plug back in and you're done.

I think it's slightly less than 2 quarts for the tranny and around 1.5 for the rear diff. I would only recommend using the Toyota v160 fluid in the tranny. I use Royal Purple for the diff.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, now I just have to find out how to fix the rear seal on the tranny itself. It's leaking pretty bad. Does anyone know how to fix that???

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think that changing the tailshaft seal would require you to drop the tranny. It may also be possible to change it by just removing the driveshaft, but I'm not sure.

I need to replace that seal on my Supra also. There is actually 2 seals that should be replaced. You can order them from Jay Marks Toyota. I am waiting to do it when I replace the clutch, since the tranny will be out at that time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts