Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
American Muscle?
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok, im 100% sure that the 89T i asked about before is mine, the guy is givin me some time to save up the rest of the money to buy the car, 3450 SUCH A STEAL you guys wont believe it when i post pics, its a brand new car~~

anyway i have a question that im sure has been asked but i spent 20 minutes searching and found nothing helpful..

how bad is insurance on MKIII's, its an 89 turbo targa
i will also have my 99 civic dx hatchback on the insurance
im fixing to get off my parents policy (im 20 and just got out of school) and i dont have any clue what auto insurance agency's i should be calling for quotes, all i know is that my parents (travelers) insurane is absolutely ridiculous in cost.
so what i was hoping to get some input on is

what insurance providers should i get quotes on
what kind of cost am i looking at (multi car, civic as primary driver supra as occasional)
should i get full coverage or just liability

thanks for any input, i hope i can afford to own the car of my dreams!!

*ALSO*
i have a spotless record, took drivers education when i was 15, and have had defensive driving

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Call your insurance agent. Every part of the county has different risks. You being 20 will hurt, but hopefully you have a clean record. Good luck with your new turbo. Sometimes you have to pay to play....and being younger is not always better :)

Chris D.
Boise

·
Registered
523 Posts
spinningheadboy said:
I was trying to be nice.

Chris D.
You were nice. I am just frustrated beyond all belief that people haven't figured out that SF.com is NOT the end all to every question they have. Sure we can ball park anything. "Hey kid, it will cost you between $350-$2000/6 months." But that does no good. It's amazing what a VIN# and telephone will get you.

HINT: CALL YOUR GAWDAMN INSURANCE COMPANY!!!!

EDIT: It doesn't matter who you call, at 20 it's gonna cost you one rheamed butthole.

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
since ppl on here can be assholes:
i was 20 in northeast ohio when i bought my 92 supra turbo (sunroof, targa was an extra 6 bux a month IIRC). i have zero deductible comprehensive, 250 collision. it cost me about $150 a month and i have a spotless record. i turned 21 and now it's only $90 a month.

·
Hair Club Member
1,004 Posts
Nothing to do with his rates or which insurance company he'd should patronize in Texas, Nocheez :) and it was a lazy original post, not being an ass at all. :)

Chris D.

·
Registered
945 Posts
DONT GET PROGRESSIVE!!!

They were chargin me 340 a month for my 87 T when i was 19, went to a dofferent company and got it for less than $150 FUCK PROGRESSIVE!

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
spinningheadboy said:
Nothing to do with his rates or which insurance company he'd should patronize in Texas, Nocheez :) and it was a lazy original post, not being an ass at all. :)

Chris D.
was not directed at you. i don't know why everyone takes the time to post OMG FUCKING SEARCH ASSHOLE and the like. it usually takes less time just to give an answer.

·
Registered
523 Posts
But then they would think that this forum is going to answer all their questions and they would never learn to look for the best answer in the right place. If that makes me an asshole then so be it.

On Topic: D/FW is a shitty area for car insurance. It costs $60 less every month to insure my 88T in Austin than in D/FW.

OMG FUCKING SEARCH, ASSHOLE! :rolleyes:

·
Mr. Jiggalo
342 Posts
Hey Defender, it's impossible for anyone to give you the correct answer. Just grab the phone book and start searching and calling. That is your best bet. Please do your homework, otherwise you will just get lame in here.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Supra87T said:
DONT GET PROGRESSIVE!!!

They were chargin me 340 a month for my 87 T when i was 19, went to a dofferent company and got it for less than $150 FUCK PROGRESSIVE!
hey i got progressive,
im 21 and got it to $91 every 6months for my 88t
and i tried others but progressive gave me the best quote.
got my 95 mustang just put on there too with $78 every 6......
maybe your record bumped it up??????

dosn't count but i also have a yamaha 600 with them
for real cheap too!!!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
I have had a red1990 NA Hardtop here in Texas where the big sky is only rivaled by how high insurance rates are and it cost me ~700 in insurance for full coverage. (safe driver course,defensive driving course, multicar, on a policy under my parents, no tix) i got hit by a minivan (not my fault) where it ended up totaling my car :( . So...now i have a 1991 Turbo Blue and my insurance is up only $100. Shop around is the best idea. AAA had the best price round here for my set up but we ended up going w/ a better deal through my dad's work (Metropolition) Gluck and hit me up on AIM so i can keep ya posted for when stuff is going on in the DFW area... good to see more MK3 owners here :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts