Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whatzup fellas, well I know am not known to anyone on the forum but I've been gone for a year and 5 months. Why someone at work would ask after reading this post cause their bored is because of insurance. Thats right fellas... for those who remember when you first start driving it was a bigass prob! So am just seeking advise. Here's the deal. I live in Brooklyn, NY, am 23, and I have been only driving for 3 years, most of all I've never been under a policy. Every quote I've got for myself has been $1,800 to as much as $6,000(Geico). Now this isn't much to some of us. But working part-time and being a full-time student just makes it impossible to pay that much for only a 6 month policy. And on top of that,,, these quotes are only for Liability. So for those of you who feel my pain in not having the beloved, might, sexy, big spool'en, turbo suck'en, kiss my nuts HOnda boyz car off the road. Please share a story, advise, joke, anything to help me kope with having the greatest Vechical in the world and not being able to drive it.

Happy spooling!

(Imagin if you couldn't drive your Supra for a 1 year and a half,,, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,727 Posts
did you get your lisence suspended or something?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
215 Posts
Yah man Massachusetts is the same way, but I found a little loophole, kinda.

When I was 18 I got my license and had a ford escort ZX2 Full Coverage was $2600 a year. Last year when I turned 20 I bought a Supra, Full COverage was about $3200. In mass I'm a step 12, however I did end up paying off my ZX2. So now I let my mom drive it and she pays insurance. When having them both insured it lowers the supras insurance ALOT. Last year it was $280 a month for Supra by itself. This year for FUll Coverage Supra, and liability only on zx2 it's 260 a month. With mom paying for 1 car its sweet.

Good luck.

BTW I am full time student working part time as well lol. Go market basket!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
582 Posts
damn you guys pay out the ass for insurance. In PA i pay 1200 a YEAR on FULL COVERAGE for my 1985 7m powered mk2. Im going with liability for like 6-700 this time around and Im only 18, insurance company is State Farm.

charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spoolme said:
did you get your lisence suspended or something?
My Lisence is very clean, not tickets or anything. Just getting jerked...
Getting a 2nd car isn't a bad idea but what if thats as high too???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,123 Posts
You guys don't know high insurance rates until you live in Ontario... :stickpoke
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
927 Posts
blackout_89t said:
You guys don't know high insurance rates until you live in Ontario... :stickpoke
Yep, try paying 450 a MONTH for insurance(liability only), then to top it off, your coverage will most likely get voided in the case of an accident due to the vehicle being modified. If I paid 2k a year I'd be the happiest person alive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
358 Posts
I am 21 in 3 months, have 2 accidents(one my fault, one not) and I pay 80 dollars a month for Liability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,249 Posts
ouch, i'm paying $450 a half for full coverage on the supra, including 0 deductible for comprehensive and $250 deductible on collision.
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
i believe good old NJ has the highest insurance rate in the us. i got quoted at 7000$ for 6 months. And only Liability. Oh and this was for an 87 Chevy Caprice V6. Just imagine a supra.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
you guys are getting raped a new a-hole. :) I used to pay $23.75 a month for liability, but then i found out that since i got coverage on my other car, i dont need to cover this one if i drive it part time, my insurance will cover it. so now i only pay like $65/mo for two cars(one car, and the second free). American Family Insurace. my best friends mom is my insurance lady, and my mom used to work there too, so i get in on all the little tricks and secrets. by the way, i'm 19 living in Cleveland Ohio.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well fellas, am glad to know that am not the only one getting screwed. While I see some of us pay close to nothing (artdowg) and some of us pay enough for insurnace to buy about 3 more SUPRAS (da good ole Canadians) Thanks for making me feel a little better! But am still Boost-less.

PS - Has anyone know about Classic Car Insurance yet? I belive your car has to be 20 years old... so that would mean that next year anyone with an 86 supra can get it. How does that work?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,727 Posts
ive had a racing ticket and 2 accidents my fault and 1 not my fault along with 1 speeding ticket, 1 u-turn ticket. that was all with my 86 celica. it went up from like 80 to like 160$ month. then it went down to $108, only liability. then i sold that and got my supra and the insurance stayed the same. this was state farm. -- but it was all under my moms name with 3 other cars on it too. then state farm dropped us and now we have progressive and pay about $10x a month.
 

·
Turbonetics..faggot asses
Joined
·
1,062 Posts
WHOLLY shit!!! you guys pay a horendous amount for insurance

Mine is 293 every 6 months full coverage 250 deductible

full coverage

But......

Im over 25
Im married
I have 4 cars
Havent had a ticket or accident in 10+ years
And my home ownersinsurance is through the same company
State farm .......gotta love them

MAD discounts!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,877 Posts
Fried Rice said:
WHOLLY shit!!! you guys pay a horendous amount for insurance

Mine is 293 every 6 months full coverage 250 deductible

full coverage

But......

Im over 25
Im married
I have 4 cars
Havent had a ticket or accident in 10+ years
And my home ownersinsurance is through the same company
State farm .......gotta love them

MAD discounts!!!!!!
Just about the same for me on all accounts but I pay just a little more in MD.
 

·
1.5JZ Turbo Supra
Joined
·
3,378 Posts
TurboSupra219 said:
Well fellas, am glad to know that am not the only one getting screwed. While I see some of us pay close to nothing (artdowg) and some of us pay enough for insurnace to buy about 3 more SUPRAS (da good ole Canadians) Thanks for making me feel a little better! But am still Boost-less.

PS - Has anyone know about Classic Car Insurance yet? I belive your car has to be 20 years old... so that would mean that next year anyone with an 86 supra can get it. How does that work?
In nj it has to be 25+ years older.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Lord Mike said:
Yah man Massachusetts is the same way, but I found a little loophole, kinda.

When I was 18 I got my license and had a ford escort ZX2 Full Coverage was $2600 a year. Last year when I turned 20 I bought a Supra, Full COverage was about $3200. In mass I'm a step 12, however I did end up paying off my ZX2. So now I let my mom drive it and she pays insurance. When having them both insured it lowers the supras insurance ALOT. Last year it was $280 a month for Supra by itself. This year for FUll Coverage Supra, and liability only on zx2 it's 260 a month. With mom paying for 1 car its sweet.

Good luck.

BTW I am full time student working part time as well lol. Go market basket!
Yeah, Mass sucks. I pay $1800 a year on my 90 Turbo. Thats with a clean record. Im also a full time student with a part time job.

Market Basket represent!
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top