Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally the insurance drama after 2 months wait, i got more money then i thought i would, now its time to start car shopping

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
long story short, roommate put it into guardrail disabling the car, another truck came a few minutes later and t boned it going about 80 into the driver door, we were out of the car though

·
8 sec supra chick!
2,753 Posts
pm me on how it all went and stuff.. I hope i helped you a bit. I mean waiting it out is the best way to get what you deserve... Oh and dont believe all your insurance comapnies lies!!! They suck. Glad to hear you came out ok.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
Glad it's all over, how much you get?

·
Supraless By Choice
1,430 Posts
Let's here the details on what you did and all!!!

Glad to hear ya got what you deserved!

Dan

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
Hey man

EXCELLENT, its bad enough losing your dawg, but at least getting more money should
ease the burden. So what are you going to get next? Still thinking about the built supra
with the blown motor?

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
actually it was because of the insurance that i got the extra money, i was willing to settle for less but they refused to go up any higher then the 18k that they offered me, and i refused to take that, so they enacted what they call the "appraisal clause". What happens is that I hire my own appraiser, they hire their appraiser, and if the two values are similar then its settled and that amount is binding, if they are far off the two appraisers try to settle on another amount. I could either start the process or they could, they choose to start it, I had no choice. So I hired my guy, gave him all the info and he appraised my car for 22-24k totally stock, and then they hired their guy. When their guy came by to check out the car I had a copy of the checks that showed the car was sold for 25k, as well as a list of the mods (no receipts) and pictures of the car before the accident. They never called my appraiser so i thought that was good news, but when they offered me 24.8 for my car I almost laughed. That is 7k more then their first offer. That means that their own appraiser actually found my car to be more valuable then my appraiser, which I found amusing, I almost wanted to tell my total loss agent I told you so, but i was so happy I finally got what I wanted for my car that I didn't care. So I did lose 200 bucks from what the car was sold for, but I saved a few parts from my car :bigthumb: . As far as what car I am getting now, I am not totally sure, but I want to get a car SOON, two months with no car is horrible especially since I missed some of the most beautiful driving days!

Thanks to everyone that helped me out, especially Jessica and Evan aka lawteam

·
Nottin' like boost...
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha oh yeah of course great thanks to matt that let me put the car in his driveway for 2 months while his landlord bitched him out and who was positive on this whole issue! best for last?

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
I know a nice blue one for sale in Gainesville ;)

·
Digital DNA
353 Posts
Adrocktt said:
I know a nice blue one for sale in Gainesville ;)
I second that. This "Blue" beast is looking for a good home to go to. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
313 Posts
99YellowStang

hey..my buddy is selling his 97 6spd tt. he's in the orlando area. let me know if your interested in it. he just placed in in the autotrader.
i think he's asking ~$30k for it. not bad at all.

please let me know..i can give you his contact.

trinh

·
11,221 Posts
Haha, glad to see you got 24.8 for it. With all the parts you took out, I think you even came out a winner. Too bad there's another Supra on the exstinct list though :(

·
Centralia Zombie Patrol
1,371 Posts
Good luck on your new Supra.. I know I'm going to speak with my ins. co. about replacing mine if something ever happens to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts