Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what everyones insurance is on their supra's. Im still saving for mine but i was curious. So if you dont mind posting the year and what u pay id appreciate it. It will give me an idea. Thanks for your time.

weston

·
iSketch Master!
9,044 Posts
you will get ass raped if you put it under your name. Mine was 450 a month. Put it under my moms it went down to 150. I'd tell you to search but you may not have luck cause its fukd up, but search anyway!!!

Alex

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I pay about 1000 for full coverage for 6months. Couple of speeding tickets on my record.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Two things that made my insuracnce much cheaper. (Assuming you have a decent record) I am also on my own policy with nobody else on it.

1) Have a daily driver. Buy a POS and insure it. It did two things, one I got a "multi car discount" and second my insurance didn't have to worry about me daily driving a twin turbo sports car. *Buying a DD reduced my insurance about $1k a year. (was $3200 a year, to $2200)

2) After I turned 25 my insurance dropped by more than half! (From $2200 a year to $863 with FULL converage on my Supra and liability on my DD)

That has been my experience.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
^^^ who's ur insurance company? i'm still paying abut $1500 per year for full on my supra and half on my DD. i wanna pay half as much.

·
Registered
227 Posts
get the supra under your parents name.
under 25 is gona suck for a male.
factors are age, credit, and driving record.

putting the supra as a weekend only car and have another Daily driver car will help alot. even though you may drive the supra alot , putting it as a pleasure car will help

·
Registered
198 Posts
man i payed $300 at first but now i pay $200 an im only 20(still alot of money)went down cuz i have a good driving record i guess(let me knock on wood)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Listen to this shit. My insurance company said that for me to have the car as a pleasure vehicle it would cost, if I remember the number right, $500 for 6 months. The policy allowed you to drive the car when ever and where ever I wanted as long as I keep the mileage to 7k per year. Asked them what full coverage for unlimited mileage would be and they said $50 more for 6 months. That means for an extra $100 dollars I could drive the car as much as I wanted. I still don't understand how they came up with that quote.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea my driving record is clean for now (knock on wood) but i was planning on keeping my eclipse as my dd since i just had it rebuilt and everything. It will still be awhile before i can afford the supra i was just curious what you guys were paying. I didnt know u could put a car as a pleasure car thats cool. Thanks for your guy's time and help i appreciate it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When I had my MX7x Cressida it was US$800 full coverage a year.

Insurance for my dd 1985 AE86 is US$89 ltd liabilty currently.

·
Registered
28 Posts
You're wasting your time with this thread man. Each insurance company has different rating factors and every person is going to have a policy speicfically tailored to them. Your twin brother my have the same car and have cheaper insurance than you. Does it make sense? Not always. But that's how the industry is. A lot of what you pay will depend on:

Length of time you'v been licensed.
Full coverage or just liability?
LOCATION is huge.
Credit is big in most states.

Your best bet is not to ask what we pay, but fill out an honest application at GEICO.com

That will give you a definite on what to expect to pay. Call around other companies. Do some shopping. Just don't go with a shitty company like Esurance or AIG or something like that.

Don't count on your insurance dropping when you turn 25, that applies for some people, not all.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
^^^^^^^^ Very true I just wanted to see a range of what u guy's were paying. Well i appreciate ur time and help.

·
Feck Off My Internets
1,157 Posts
I pay 86$ a month for MAX coverage .. im 23 with 0 points on my record

·
93 Hardtopper
834 Posts
97 Expedition and a 93 twin turbo for me at 29 would be $680 for the year for the car and 1000 for the truck my daily. Right around what others are saying. There are some advantages of getting old.

·
Registered
227 Posts
shit your insurance might change from now till you get the supra. I would never let insurance change my mind on my supra though.

its going to be like any other sports car.

·
You serious?
3,000 Posts
silverz06guy said:
get the supra under your parents name.
under 25 is gona suck for a male.

Brilliant. He gets into an accident, his parents lose the house and everything else they own.

If you, yourself, can't afford insurance or payments, maybe it's not the right car for you at the time? Does anyone think this way anymore or does everyone just want to be a popcorn playa? :sadance:

silverz06guy said:
its going to be like any other sports car.
And the Supra is not a sports car. :nono:

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
SupraMang said:
I pay 86$ a month for MAX coverage .. im 23 with 0 points on my record

Dude! WTF are you using as an insurance company to give you that price? i need something cheaper then what im paying now.

·
1,057 Posts
shop around (only takes about 10 mins to either get an online quote or call up a company) and search please, this has been discussed about ten thousand times on here

1 - 20 of 33 Posts