Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to get my 1991 supra turbo registered and insured, but statefarm wants more for my supra then for a g35 hummer and sentra combined, they say cause its a "sports car", What are cheap companys ?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
...you drive your car around without it being registered or insured? :stickpoke

Young driver + "Supra Turbo" = high insurance rates, suck it up <3

·
Registered
467 Posts
progressive FTW.. or try that "the general" i see comerials about all the time. got a quote from both for my 87 and progressive was a little cheaper

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...you drive your car around without it being registered or insured? :stickpoke

Young driver + "Supra Turbo" = high insurance rates, suck it up <3
We are trying to get the car under my dad as the driver so it goes down but its still higher then 3 cars combined, the 3 cars have FULL coverage and the supra was gonna get NO coverage for damage and was still higher

·
Registered
443 Posts
untill you can afford it, get "garage" insurance. in other words, leave it in the garage untill its in your budget to sustain proper insurance.

·
Registered
38 Posts
lol time to strip it and make it a track car only

go through all the major insurance company car websites, they offer free quotes, but are a pain in the ass to fill out

or buy a non turbo shell and insure then turbo swap :D

edit:

fck u jesse u beat me to it...

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1: Buy N/A
2: get it insured as a N/A (Will more than likely still be high, but not as high as a turbo model)
3: drop turbo motor in
4: ????????
5: Profit.
cbf doing that, i already lied to the dmv when i transferred the title to my fathers name and said the car had no motor
untill you can afford it, get "garage" insurance. in other words, leave it in the garage untill its in your budget to sustain proper insurance.
with "garage" insurance can it be driven on roads?

·
Registered
763 Posts
Why dont you stop making useless threads and pick up a fucking phone book and call around.

·
Registered
443 Posts
cbf doing that, i already lied to the dmv when i transferred the title to my fathers name and said the car had no motor

from the time you go to sleep 'till the time you wake up you can drive it anywhere you want. :)

·
Registered
2,332 Posts

Your stupid as fuck garage insurance means it sits in a fucking garage till you can afford it holy fuck how did you pass high school people like you give this forum a horrible name

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Why dont you stop making useless threads and pick up a fucking phone book and call around.
i am i tryed statefarm and progressive and thegeneral, umadbro?
Your stupid as fuck garage insurance means it sits in a fucking garage till you can afford it holy fuck how did you pass high school people like you give this forum a horrible name
says the dumbass with a ka in a mustang, and im in high school.

·
Driving: 1991 Supra Turbo
960 Posts
Wow. I think everything that could have been said has been said, but I'll try to give you some insight...

Get the car registered under your dad's name. You CAN be co-registered, but not primary. Get a policy under your dad's name, and your mother's name. Don't include your name. Try to include it with all the other cars. When they ask you what it's used for, don't say to commute to work or school. It's for PLEASURE. A Weekend car. Under 3k miles a year. The bare minimum of coverage. PIP and Bodily Injury Liability. Good luck.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Wow. I think everything that could have been said has been said, but I'll try to give you some insight...

Get the car registered under your dad's name. You CAN be co-registered, but not primary. Get a policy under your dad's name, and your mother's name. Don't include your name. Try to include it with all the other cars. When they ask you what it's used for, don't say to commute to work or school. It's for PLEASURE. A Weekend car. Under 3k miles a year. The bare minimum of coverage. PIP and Bodily Injury Liability. Good luck.
thats exactly what we did my name was never said when they called for a quote.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.