Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if ill need this anylonger now that i have an aem ecu ?

·
Premium Member
4,417 Posts
If you want it to start and idle worth a shit you should keep it. :)

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Mine went bad, so I don't use it anymore.

Cold start is the only pain ini the ass. You have to start it, blip the throttle a couple times, hold it at 1500 rpm for about 10 seconds.... that's it. I've got the idle screw at the TB set to hold 900 rpm idle once warm.

Not a big deal. I'm not paying for a new IAC motor :furious: .

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JamesN1830 said:
Mine went bad, so I don't use it anymore.

Cold start is the only pain ini the ass. You have to start it, blip the throttle a couple times, hold it at 1500 rpm for about 10 seconds.... that's it. I've got the idle screw at the TB set to hold 900 rpm idle once warm.

Not a big deal. I'm not paying for a new IAC motor :furious: .
cool thxs!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
okay, something is up with mine!

I've gone through THREE! IAC's. All of them worked for a short period of time then ALL of them shorted out! I have no idea what the HELL is going on...

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
BigTSetter said:
okay, something is up with mine!

I've gone through THREE! IAC's. All of them worked for a short period of time then ALL of them shorted out! I have no idea what the HELL is going on...

Any updates, BigTSetter?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
something is still funky.

I've not been able to solve this issue.

I honestly think that the 1JZ and 2JZ voltage or hertz is different. It's almost like i keep blowing them with too much power or something. The AEM is set to the 2JZ default and i honestly just think it's too much for the 1JZ...

But, in order to really prove this i would need a FORTH 1JZ IAC and a new 2JZ IAC. For now, i'm using an idle screw and once it's warmed up i'm resting around 1000 rpms.

Bryan

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
you should reduce the current to the IAC motor to the minimum required to operate it and you will stop cooking the coils in the stepper. Try .7 amp or less and see what you get.

-M

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi, Apexi Power-FC controls the IAC like AEM does, however the former tuner seems to have disabled this function somehow. I have tried two known OK IAC's and now have determined the ECU is not doing its bit in the process. I assume this may be because they had 280 cams in the drag car and an aftermarket intake manifold that did not have a IAC fitted (the assumption being they could not get it to idle consistantly with the IAC). Anyway I have set idle to 900rpm on the throttle body on my car and so far it is holding rock solid and the only thing you have to do is as mentioned by someone else is hold the throttle pedal at about 13-1400 rpm for 30 secs on a cold start, all other starts just crank and vroooom like normal. Cheers Phil.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts