Supra Forums banner

Intake/air filter

359 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Steve Jarvis 
G
#1 ·
Does anyone know if an aftermarket intake or air filter improves the performance of your car? I remember reading somewhere that it didn't really matter. It seems dumb to me to go out and spend 250 bucks for an aftermarket intake if it doesn't really help any....

G
#2 ·
Dont buy that stupid shit for $250(Apex,HKS,GReddy). Go out and buy a K&N($35) with a 3" inlet and bolt it to your MAS and there you go. The only problem with that is you get hot air from under the hood. Talk to Steve Jarvis about fixin that :)

#4 ·
Take a look at the info I compiled at www.geocities.com/steve_jarvis_me/Airbox1 Then select "Click here to start". You can also see the K&N setup at www.mvpmotorsports.com Dusty currently has them in stock. You get the intake pipe and K&N filter, plus the "Max Air" air-box with the thermal wrap for $259.

I think it's a great set-up, but I'm a little partial. :)

BTW the "Max Air" air-boxes now have a nicer finish and new graphics. I will hopefully update the pictures soon.

Later, Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.