Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,594 Posts
I went with the Whifbitz Bosch throttle body adapter for the non-VVTi intake manifold. They also have one for the VVTi intake manifold. I have a VVTi-GTE head, so I kept the non-VVTi intake manifold - larger opening and proper head fitment.
Got a Bosch 74mm throttle body
It's nice because it places the throttle body intake opening right where the stock one was. So all intercooler piping fits right up - you don't need an extended upper pipe.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire Car

· Registered
1,594 Posts
I have a Bosch DBW with the Sleeper Design manifold. I use the OEM Lexus SC430 pedal which bolted right in. It’s hooked up to a Motec M150 and it drives fantastic. There are some behind the scenes benefits as well. Such as better idle control, cruise control, and better cold starts.
Huh - is your car LHD or RHD ?

Per DBW With Stock Intake Manifold the pedal mounting bolts are different for LHD and RHD. I got a Lexus Pedal (78010-30030) from Longo Toyota - the only ones I found that would sell me one.
Turns out the damn pedal is a restricted item - Lexus wants the car - WITH VIN - in the shop and for them to call to order the part. I provide a <ahem> VIN and the parts guy there hooked me up ...

Sure enough, as you see further down in that thread, the new Lexus pedal was not the same bolt pattern as the original pedal. I wound up creating a mounting bracket to move the pedal over to the right and out, so it would line up better with the other pedals. Also had to build up the pedal stop. Lots more information and photos in that thread.

"Bolted right in" Damn. Must have been nice.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Doh - totally didn't think to look at the pic dammit. What part number did you use for the pedal ? Mine didn't have an elongated hole - would have been 5mm wide to accommodate the 41mm to 46mm difference. How about pedal height ? Even if mine could have fit the bolt-holes, it sat a good 4-5cm too close to the firewall. Could have bent the pedal arm for that, but not well. It was also crowded right up close to the brake pedal - workable but again, not comfortable.

As much of a faf as the bracket was to make work, it placed it perfectly in the end, so I'm happy. But man, I wish it had been "Bolted right in" ...

· Registered
1,594 Posts
Just saw your pedal photos - definitely a different pedal. The mounting standoffs are different. Also looks like the 90-degree bend to the pedal is longer, so the pedal face sits higher. That's why I had to space mine off the firewall some.

· Registered
1,594 Posts
If you have a side-view photo of your pedal be interesting to compare to the 78010-30030 one I got.
My pedal position looks stock now too, but with bracket. Given the 90-degree length I don't think it would have worked without extending the pedal stop. Without that it would have ripped the end right off the sensor arm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts