Supra Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks y’all for this thread I’ve saved this one for later. Solid info here as far as the conversion DBW options

Reactions: Avayo

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a CPC (Custom Plenum Creations) carbon manifold. I asked CPC if they would make me an 83mm DBW adapter but they refused. I was able to find a company called Outsider Garage that will design you a DBW adapter for pretty much anything.

So I went thru them and i had to just send my old Standard 90mm TB in to them and in about two weeks they had the adapter made. I just got it in yesterday and the quality is good. Couldn’t be happier. I paired it up with a Buck Performance DBW HD vangen clamp adapter, So I can use the 3.5” Vibrant clamps. Thing is going to be killer.
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exterior
Food Ingredient Cuisine Dish Cookware and bakeware
Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Camera lens Automotive tire Motor vehicle Reflex camera Camera

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
If you're on a tight budget I know that the 2017+ Chevrolet Colorado V6 throttle body works too. It's around 72mm so it's pretty close to the bosch one but it's a good a mount cheaper. I know a shop that sells and adapter to the OEM intake for around 65-70 euros.

Part number for the Throttle body is: 12676296

Correction, I think it's the 2015-2016 Colorado Throttle body which differs slightly.

Part number should be 12670981

I can confirm with the shop on Monday if you still haven't ordered the Bosch Throttle body. You can run a coupler directly on the throttle body too since it has a bead so that should save you some more money.
Update on my previous post. I received all the parts for my DBW setup and it's the cheapest setup I've found so far.

Here's the parts list:
  • OEM intake manifold to throttle body adapter + pedal adapter bought from "KMP Speedshop" in Quebec, Canada: 130USD
  • P/N 12676296 GM LGX 72mm TB from Rockauto: 81.79USD
  • P/N 22706224 Chevrolet Cobalt DBW pedal from Rockauto: 92.79USD
  • Connectors, terminals and wire seals from Mouser Electronics: 15-20USD
    • Throttle body connector: 1-1419168-1, Terminals: 1393366-1
    • Pedal connector: 15397577, Terminals: 12191818, Seals: 15366021
Total without shipping: 325USD/314EURO

Only issue I see is that the throttle body doesn't have a complete bead around where the hose coupler goes for some reason. It seems to stop half way around, but I hope the coupler doesn't pop off if I crank up the boost. The pedal looks kind of out of place too but I will probably cut off the pad and weld a Toyota pedal arm to it to make it look as OEM as possible.

I haven't installed it yet but a few of my friends have a similar setup with no issues so far. Probably going to install it this winter when I have time.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I think there's another thread about DBW, pretty sure I've mentioned mine before. CPC manifold, LSX 102mm TB, Nissan 370Z pedal.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

21 - 28 of 28 Posts