Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright as some of you know I got the Dave H intake in the fall last year. I made a few runs in late fall last year. Then parked it for the winter, I never got around to hooking my boost gauge back up until this last weekend. I have a 14.5 psi wastegate spring governing boost. I can only make about 12 psi boost max though. Prior to the intake install I would boost to 14.5 all the time no problem. The only thing different now is the intake (which must have a considerable increase in volume over stock), and I also changed out the cool side I/C piping from 2.75 to 3.5 inch from I/C to the throttle body. I've also switched to the Q45 throttle body but that shouldn't affect anything. SO does the increase volume of the intake and the I/C piping affect the boost pressure? I do have a 17.5 wastegate spring I was going to install here shortly, so I'll see if the pressure goes up with that spring installed...Anyone have any input?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I'd pressurize the intake. You might have a boost leak with all the new plumbing you've got. You can use a pvc pipe cap and drill it for an air fitting, then use a silicone adapter to go to the intercooler pipe and regulate the air going in using an air regulator. If you hear a leak but can't find it use some soapy water in a spray bottle around the area.

Mike

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Also keep in mind that "psi" that we see as boost pressure is actually measuring resistance in our system. The better your system flows... the less "boost pressure" you will see. I am not indicating that that is what you are seeing... you could have a boost leak or a flaky wastegate ect... Put bigger cams and better flowing head on your car and you make more power at less pressure.

Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts