Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put an adapter and cone filter on my 1994 Supra na. I reset my ecu as described on MKIV.com. pulling the fuse.
But my car is running horrible now anyway. So I kept trying, keeping the fuse pulled longer, unplugging my battery, didn't remove any parts, making sure everything was plugged in correctly, and a million other combinations, but the thing won't budge.
I got it running ok for a day, but it just started running horrible again the next day. Is there a way to more thoroughly reset my ecu or anything!!?? Help!
Thanks [email protected]

·
Supporting Vendor
4,399 Posts
did you just mess with the filter or did you mess with the af meter/ tb or anything like that, try unplugging all of your intake connections (maybe cleaning them by just brushing them off) and reconnecting them. ive never heard of a lone cone filter making or breaking drivability.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just added the adapter and filter, I will try cleaning everything. Any more advice? Thanks

·
Very Senior Member
9,950 Posts
supraspeed01 said:
I just added the adapter and filter, I will try cleaning everything. Any more advice? Thanks
Two, no three bits of advice:
1. check your IC hoses to make sure one didn't come loose (not likely).
2. Are you getting the MIL? if so, check the engine code - maybe something will show up.
3. post stuff like this in Tech where you might get some help.

·
SupraForums Sponsor
4,068 Posts
supraspeed01 said:
I just put an adapter and cone filter on my 1994 Supra na. I reset my ecu as described on MKIV.com. pulling the fuse.
But my car is running horrible now anyway. So I kept trying, keeping the fuse pulled longer, unplugging my battery, didn't remove any parts, making sure everything was plugged in correctly, and a million other combinations, but the thing won't budge.
I got it running ok for a day, but it just started running horrible again the next day. Is there a way to more thoroughly reset my ecu or anything!!?? Help!
Thanks [email protected]
Make sure you plugged the MASS AIR METER back in.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think

I think he said the car was a N/A but I have no idea what the problem could be, maybe he pulled the wrong fuse or maybe he broke a fuse putting it back in????

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fuses are definitely still in good condition. I have checked my hoses and electrical connections about ten times. I pulled the fuse that they descibe on MKIV.com to reset the ecu. Is that they correct one to pull? Any reseting ecu tips would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts