Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

Im wondering about the intake manifold.. i honestly hate how it goes over the top of the block and covers everything up. hers a pic... i stoll it from supraman1993, so its his engine.

my questions is... is there another intake manifold i can get that doesnt go over the block, or could i even put the 2jz-gte intake manifold on? if you have any links or information on this let me know. Thanks!

G

·
Thier are alot of options to your problem. Daveh makes one, sp makes one, hogans makes one , and sparkracing makes one that looks killer.-pdang

·
Big Member
570 Posts
i heard that you wont get any good gains with that manifold unless you are turbo. I would like to know though just b/c i would get it even to just make spark plug changes easier.
-Ryan

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, if nothing else i would buy it for looks, cause i definatly care what my engine bay looks like. im going to look into these manifolds and ill post anything i find.

·
TurboLexus
200 Posts
the veilside surgetank is badass... but one small problem.. it is built for the 2JZGTE motor not the GE motor.. so the port spacing is different and you cannot bolt it up to a GE motor..without some serious modding..

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yea i thought that would be a problem, thanks for the info emod, cause i realy didnt know anything about it. so i guess the daveh is the best way to go then, unless we could convinve veilside or somone else that there is a high demand for a n/a intake manifold. maybe we should start a petition or somthing?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
MkIVSylver said:
yea i thought that would be a problem, thanks for the info emod, cause i realy didnt know anything about it. so i guess the daveh is the best way to go then, unless we could convinve veilside or somone else that there is a high demand for a n/a intake manifold. maybe we should start a petition or somthing?
I would love the veilside surgetank on my motor, but damn man, they are already $2800, thats a mighty hefty price for an intake manifold....I highly doubt they would make it for us N/A guys...

Dave H seems like the way to go to open up flow....

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
soarer 300 said:
THIS is my intake manifold. He should have asked my permission before he used it...

even though it was on Dave's car at the time... :)
I apologize for using that picture. But when I asked for pictures of the intake manifold, that is what Dave gave me. If you would like me to remove them, just let me know. I would appreciate if I could continue using them though.

G

·
bambooluv said:
Thier are alot of options to your problem. Daveh makes one, sp makes one, hogans makes one , and sparkracing makes one that looks killer.-pdang
Hi, just wondering where you saw the Sparkracing manifold. May be interested.

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
damn that intake manifold from nonturbo.com is nice..

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
450hp_Supra_MKIII said:
damn that intake manifold from nonturbo.com is nice..
I'll be making one for the MKIII soon also. There will be some things that will need to be relocated though.

·
Toyotally Awesome
647 Posts
nonturbo said:
I apologize for using that picture. But when I asked for pictures of the intake manifold, that is what Dave gave me. If you would like me to remove them, just let me know. I would appreciate if I could continue using them though.

Totally kidding, bud...

it's just a piece of metal.

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
If you are talking about the intake manifold, I can set them up for a stock throttle body (like Cory's) where you just have to extend the throttle cable a little. Or, I can make the intake to fit a aftermarket throttlebody. Your choice.

DaveH

Anthracite93 said:
What throttle assembly are you guys who went with the daveh kit or any of the others using? Does the stock throttle body bolt on or not? Thanks
Jim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts