Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Guys,

I know this subject has been discussed, but I don't really see many threads or people talking about what they are running with results. I'm looking to upgrade the intake on my 1J. One thing I notice when looking for one is the lack. I see them for sale on eBay, and I'm sure they would probably work, but I don't know if they would lose flow, they seem to need to be cleaned up inside as they appear rough. Then there is the GodSpeed Intake manifold. I heard some decent things about this one from a friend, but no results. One other thought, cut off the old plenum and weld a 4" or 5" aluminum pipe to the old runners and smooth them out, weld on a throttle body flange, seal it etc... That would probably be the cheapest route, but who knows about the flow characteristics of this method...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
Welding a larger plenum is a good start. The ebay manifolds take some fabrication to fit right, as they won't clear the stock brake booster. Options are swapping a smaller brake booster or modifying the intake manifold to clear. I've got an intake manifold I was reworking, I'll post up pictures when I'm done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is that the only real issue with the eBay manifold? If so, I can live with that if it will serve its purpose and help me meet my goals. Trying to clean up midrange and topend along with some cams. If welding a pipe to To runners Is the way to go, then ill do so... just need to find a fabricator to do it for me.

Looking forward to your pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts