Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know what the rwhp should be with just an intake, cus i'm wondering if my car is messed up.. i only got 284.6hp to the wheels with just the intake, post up your numbers if u can

·
666 Posts
Your car isn't messed up at all if all it has is an intake... that's not a bad # at all... and just so you know an intake will give you no more power.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i saw that issue, just today and the supra got a 315 rwhp with just the blitz intake, and I got the same one! that is why i'm curious and questioning my car... hummmmmm

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Do you have an Automatic? that would give you lower numbers as well... because im 105% sure the magazine tests were done on a 6speed... plus all cars are different.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, i have a 6-speed, i'm in atlanta georgia. it seems like everybody get's higher than i do.. don't know wut's going on

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Zooom did you go to Dyno Lab or Engineered Performance?? When did you dyno?

I hit 298 RWHP and 295 RWTQ with only a K&N drop-in panel filter/airbox lid removed, TRD catback and 93 octane in 90 degree weather. If you have an auto, your HP is actually very strong. It's still not bad for a stock 6-speed. I think the only intakes that can give a measurable (although still small) increase on the dyno would be either a Max Air Box or something like it or a custom cold air intake that routes below the engine bay.

You should try removing your headlight sometime either at the track or for a short time on the road (during the day of course :p ) to see what a huge difference more airflow can bring. The dyno results would not show how much HP is really gained when moving, but you can feel it for sure.

R

·
0 Posts
M Miller said:
I found an article in Import tuner... They pickup and average of 25rwhp on the dyno with the Blitz SUS intake
Gotta love those magazines with their fair, unbiased testing. Wonder how much advertising Blitz paid for to get those results

Rob_O

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dyno last Saturday at Balance Performance. I heard that if i change my spark plugs and change my oil, the hp might increase a little bit. I'm just wondering if my car is putting out what it is suppose to or maybe close to it. my car is just straight stock with an intake(Blitz), 6-speed TT, 94. I'll trying to compare my car to everybody else, to see if my car sucks or not..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts