Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heheh.. who gonna win if we race?? my friend got one gsr with t3/t4 turbo gsr wanna race with my stock, i mean completely stock supra.. who gonna win ??
when we start from dig or roll?
tell me.. wat u think.....
thanks

·
Registered
379 Posts
Why dont you go race and come back to post the outcome :rolleyes:

G

·
You're way too vague with his mods for anyone to answer that... what trim turbo? Stock motor, or lower compression pistons etc? What psi?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stock motor with turbonetic t3t4 turbo i guess... he says he gonna put only 11 psi on his turbo to race me..
well.. i think supra gonna lose anyway..

G

·
heartbreakkid said:
stock motor with turbonetic t3t4 turbo i guess... he says he gonna put only 11 psi on his turbo to race me..
well.. i think supra gonna lose anyway..
There are different trims... I have a 60 trim for example.. there's also a 57 which is the default with most "kits." If he's tuned, 11psi is good for @300 wheel on a 60 trim.. I'd say def @280-290 for 57 trim. Both assuming tuned.

G

·
heartbreakkid said:
thats mean??
Huh??? If he's putting out anywhere near 300, it'll be enough to take you (his advantage will definitely be from a roll). Keep in mind your car weighs @700lbs more (conservatively)..

G

·
heartbreakkid said:
yeah.. i know that so i dont wanna go now.. maybe after i install all my stuff. lol... thanks dude flyingmysup
Find out if he's tuned though.. It makes all the difference in the world. If he just bought a kit and threw it on, and even did some rough tuning with an safc or something then he could very well only be making like 220-230whp and run pig rich... If he has a hondata/uberdata (soldered on custom tune chip) or standalone and dyno tuning, that's when you have to watch out.

Myself, I have a '94 GSR engine in a '92 hatch body (stripped, weighs @2100lbs). The motor is fully built, running lower compression. But because I'm lazy and haven't gotten around to it, I have more ghetto fuel management than even an Apexi SAFC. I'm running 10psi and only making 220-230max I would guess. PIG RICH heheh

Run him for fun. Just not for money.. It's just very hard to say what kidn of power he'd be making because there are so many variables (exhaust diameter, exhaust manifold, fuel management etc). And all can make a world of difference. So in summation, those power figures in my previous post are pretty much assuming he's tuned with 3 inch exhaust and a decent fuel set up...

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Just run your friend. If you know how to drive then it will be close. 300whp teg running low to mid 13's on the street... don't think so. Of course this is my opinion seeing that the hondas/tegs around the way don't hook worth a damn on the street. Launching a stock supra is cake for me.:cool:

G

·
Chucky Doll said:
Just run your friend. If you know how to drive then it will be close. 300whp teg running low to mid 13's on the street... don't think so. Of course this is my opinion seeing that the hondas/tegs around the way don't hook worth a damn on the street. Launching a stock supra is cake for me.:cool:
Yea that's why I mentioned highway being the tegs strong point.. traction is definitely not a turbo Hondas friend..

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
one of my friends has a turbo GSR (im not sure the specs on his setup, he is fairly secretive about his mods/specs/etc), I ran him in my stock 94TT 6 speed a couple days after I got it... I *BARELY* pulled him on a highway roll, I think if I had gave myself a little longer to get used to my car, I would have beat him a little more. Only thing I know about his car is that it is kinda-sorta tuned, and its best trap speed has been a 109 on race gas (he raced me on pump.. Ive heard he traps 105-106 on pump). He has since blew up his motor (stock motor) and is building a low comp. motor to run higher boost on. But really there are so many variables in setups, just race him and see what happens. Worst case scenario, you have an excuse to mod some more ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts