Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so after about8 months or so I finally get my car started.
At first I start hearing this noise, a clak.........clak, it doesn't sink up with anything at all.
then after a few readjustments of timing(turning the car on / off) I notice it more. Then I stick my ear next to the valve cover, and hear it loud as fuck. CLAK CLAK.
I'm like wtf is that? Then CLAK CLAK CLACK really fast and repeatedly.
Also when I tried to start the car sometimes, it would violently just stop when trying to start it. This lead me to believe perhaps something was floating around the lower timing cover making the belt stop and go stop and go that sorta thing.
and we took off the valve covers, and looked to try and see if ther ewas a stray nut or washer in the valve train, seeing nothing, we decide to turn the crank, I heard a strange...scraping noise almost from the middle of the head, then the crank refused to go anywhere, and the engien seized......
any ideas? lol i knows its wordy, but this is totally fuckt and I'm scared like a little baby.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I literally just had the head and oil panoff the car and had the block examined. all the rod bearings met spec. pison walls had cross hatching. I can't possibly believe its that
update: I turned the crank for quite a bit counter clockwise, then an equal distance clockwise after t hat, but once I got to whre the crnk was originally seized or whatever, it stopped again.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
might be a wrench in the oil pan? :D

I would take the valve covers off and see if a valve dropped possibly. Then take the head off...if everything looks good uptop rotate the crank, and if u still feel there is a scraping...or what you described...new engine time!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
yeah- dropped valve is a good bet- If it stayed in the guide, but hung down, you'd get a VERY big "clack". then when it dropped out completely- frozen engine. I did this to my Z car when I got a bit "over-enthusiastic" with the cam timing.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i was adjusting the timing when this happen, there were some major issues when I was doing it too. did you get the random clacking followed by a big speedy repetitive clacking? or was it just all of a sudden
mk3supraholic said:
maybe you should contact the "experts" at autozone
hummy?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts