Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would appreciate some advice on a few things (hope I'm in the right place):

Current setup is RC 550 injectors with a Lexus AFM and Greddy TDO6.
Everything else is stock. I would presume the next step is a decent intercooler/piping

Intercooler kit......relatively inexpensive but decent? I see a few used for sale but I do not know anything about them or what exactly I need for my current setup.

Any opinions and/or pics of a leatherseats.com replacement on a MKIII?

Any pics of a dash fabrication?

·
Addicted to oil
3,292 Posts
I'm using the Horsepowerfreaks intercooler/piping kit. I recommend you take a look at that one on their website.

Dennis

·
Registered
53 Posts
survyor2 said:
I'm using the Horsepowerfreaks intercooler/piping kit. I recommend you take a look at that one on their website.

Dennis
how is that horsepowerfreaks.com site? i didnt even know about that until my coworked found it on while looking for parts...of course he has a VW Passat and is trying to mod it...i laughed and told him to get a real car :p haha

but yeah, is that a good site, seemed like they had a lot of stuff for the mkiii?

G

·
the stock design (inlet and outlet on same end) is very effcient. when getting a bigger intercooler its better to have lots of short air flow channels than a few longer air flow channels. also a 4 inch thick one will not give as much gain as a thinner one with more frontal surface area. the reason is b/c as air flows over the, lets say first 3 inches of thickness it heats up and is pretty hot by the time it would get to the last inch and doesnt do much good. i would say 3 inches is the thickest. also look for a good end tank design with nice tapering towards the farther airflow sections through the tank, if the end tanks have internal baffles to help send the air through all veins of the IC its a big plus. "Maximum Boost" , i forget the author, is an excellent, understandable, book.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
The best thing you can do for yourself is get it custom done, aluminium piping is best, but not easy to have done. If you have a friend that is a skilled welder and know of a good place that can weld, i would suggest a ebay intercooler with aluminium piping.

Since you have a turbo kit i dont think the fits like stock intercooler piping kits will work for you anyways. 28"x12"x3" is a good sized intercooler to start looking for.

·
SC61 Powered 90T
847 Posts
selz202 said:
The best thing you can do for yourself is get it custom done, aluminium piping is best, but not easy to have done. If you have a friend that is a skilled welder and know of a good place that can weld, i would suggest a ebay intercooler with aluminium piping.

Since you have a turbo kit i dont think the fits like stock intercooler piping kits will work for you anyways. 28"x12"x3" is a good sized intercooler to start looking for.
x2

might be kinda tough to find someone who can weld aluminium, ask around first before you buy the pipes.

fyi any inbred white trash muffler shop can weld steel pipes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts