Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering what most people recommend for IC hardpipe kits for a stock IC on an 89. are the cheaper complete ICs worth the money, or should i just upgrade the pipes?

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
The stock piping is long as makes all sorts of turns and varies in size. The upgrade elimnates much of this and helps with pressure drop. I use the PVC pipes (upper pipes only) and they work fine. I also plan on upgrading my IC, so I decided that it was a waste of money until then.

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Speaking from experience, I would stay away from the Defcon IC pipes. The fitment is a joke, and i you have to cut the pipes to make them fit. I agree that if you're going through the trouble of upgrading pipes, it's good measure to upgrade the IC as well. I personally run the AMS FMIC and the Defcon pipes. The AMS pipes that were designed with their intercooler are supposed to be a good fit. The only issue there is the backlog of kits to be made, and the wait. At the time I purchased the kit, the AMS pipes were 3 months backordered and was forced to go the Defcon route. I wish now I had waited for the AMS pipes.

I can only speak from experience, and can't say much for the other kits.

- Hams.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts