Supra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. On automatic supras, do FMIC's cause a noticeable increase in turbo lag? I've heard that there is a material increase in lag because of the time required to fill the volume of the larger IC and this lag increase is felt more on automatics than on manuals, is this true?

Also, is it true that to install a FMIC, some of the stock fans must be removed and so this lowers cooling efficiency, and is it true that the FMIC blocks airflow to the radiator?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
I think supraforums should only have 3 questions when you come to the site:

Will my intercooler increase lag.
Can i buy an auto and switch to 6spd.
Should I buy an n/a and switch it to TT?

That or not allow anyone whos hasnt been here for atleast one year to post, only use the search button. You type in supraforums.com, you see a red serch button, thats it.

And to answer your question, that is covered 3 times just on the 1st page, You will not notice any real increse in lag at all, probably wont notice too much power gain either. It does increase lag, but not noticeable, it does make more power, but not noticeable(except after the stock IC gets heatsoaked). And an auto has nothing to do with anything that is crankcase forward.

·
Single Turbo
712 Posts
....and yes there is a fan you remove if your an automatic and a FMIC blocks air to the radiator. Just get a Spal push fan to restore air flow. Some members have reported not replacing the fan and had no problems with it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:

That or not allow anyone whos hasnt been here for atleast one year to post, only use the search button. You type in supraforums.com, you see a red serch button, thats it.

And to answer your question, that is covered 3 times just on the 1st page, You will not notice any real increse in lag at all, probably wont notice too much power gain either. It does increase lag, but not noticeable, it does make more power, but not noticeable(except after the stock IC gets heatsoaked). And an auto has nothing to do with anything that is crankcase forward.
wow

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ScrewDrvr said:

Oh u mad get red

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:

Don't forget the ever popular:

Which blowoff sound is best?
Which is faster 6-speed or auto?
Is this Supra for sale in Latvia for $500 a scam?

I have to agree with ScrewDrvr, there needs to be some period of time that new members can not post, or perhaps first require a post count of XXX in the New Members Forum. Because not only are the same questions asked every day, the same questions are asked by 5 different people within the same hour. Ultimately this turns off the knowledgeable folks who really contribute and you're left with newbie non-Supra owners advising each other about a car they don't even own.

·
Registered
687 Posts
ScrewDrvr said:

I agree so much with you. There have been POINTLESS questions lately and newbies with such a high post count. What the hell do they post about?? Sit back and use the damn search button and read.

You guys are scaring away the "knowledgeable" supra owners. Just look at the post on this page. Most are from 05 members.

·
Always on call
1,928 Posts
I have a small FMIC and no big difference in lag on stock twins.

·
Registered
265 Posts
i think next time just ignore these stupid questions and report em to a moderator...so these dumb newbies dont build thier post count... and i think the mods should ban em for not using the search button... i've been here since 2002 and im only at 200 something and im not worried about my post count... man i saw this question posted like a week ago use the search button you fool

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
BobbyBaby said:
i think next time just ignore these stupid questions and report em to a moderator...so these dumb newbies dont build thier post count... and i think the mods should ban em for not using the search button... i've been here since 2002 and im only at 200 something and im not worried about my post count... man i saw this question posted like a week ago use the search button you fool
Hey Bobby, get MAD, get REAL mad.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Ive been here since January first. I swear if I had a nickel for every time I saw a common question asked I wouldnt have to worry about hwo to pay for a TT when the time comes. Search damnit!!!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Im not getting mad actually im laughin at your stupid post.. and your stupid replies that you're posting just to get your post count up... thats why there are four other people on this particular thread who told u to search as well... i wasnt trying to start an issue or provoke you ... your just a dumb lil kid on the forums who likes to start shit... as far as im concerned im not mad at all ... its prolly you getting mad thats why you takin it to personal... all i told you is SEARCH....

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
BobbyBaby said:
Im not getting mad actually im laughin at your stupid post.. and your stupid replies that you're posting just to get your post count up... thats why there are four other people on this particular thread who told u to search as well... i wasnt trying to start an issue or provoke you ... your just a dumb lil kid on the forums who likes to start shit... as far as im concerned im not mad at all ... its prolly you getting mad thats why you takin it to personal... all i told you is SEARCH....
Wait, was that adressed at me?

·
Registered
770 Posts
crossways said:
I have to agree with ScrewDrvr, there needs to be some period of time that new members can not post, or perhaps first require a post count of XXX in the New Members Forum.
new members section? I've never even posted there. Unfortunately you can't make a common sense requirement.

·
Registered
265 Posts
no it wasn't addressed to you SupraMan1990... look above your post it addressed to Kevinb6786... i'm telling the guy to search just like ScrewDrvr told him too... on top of that ScrewDrvr even told him his answer to his intercooler questions and he has to be a smart ass by replying and saying "Oh you mad.. Get Red" then when i tell him to search and ive been here since 2002 and i told him i'm not even worried abt post counts just search and he Replies back "Bobby Get Mad Real Mad" you know were not even mad but his maturity level just sucks... anyways im done with this post im out i've already reported it to the mods let them deal with his sarcasm

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Yep, but then again. Half of the people in the SF member list are either: Immature, morons, or people that have never posted. Only about 5% of the other half actually post things that are worth while.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.