Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of metal is the Greddy/HKS Intercooler piping? Aluminum? Cast? Stainless? etc.?

Is there something better for a hard pipe kit?

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
98SupraTT said:
What type of metal is the Greddy/HKS Intercooler piping? Aluminum? Cast? Stainless? etc.?

Is there something better for a hard pipe kit?
The latest Greddy IC's use polished aluminum, with the exception of the first pipe that connects to the outlet of the IC, that one is steel (heavy).

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Re: Re: Intercooler piping metal question???

Lagtime said:

The latest Greddy IC's use polished aluminum, with the exception of the first pipe that connects to the outlet of the IC, that one is steel (heavy).
Chip,

I'm pretty sure (just installed a Greddy 3-row on Maury's car) that the pipe exiting the IC is cast alluminum. It is heavier and thicker, but still alluminum.

98SupraTT,

The piping on the Big Greddy and HKS IC's is extruded alluminum (w/ one cast piece in the case of the Greddy) which is the best because alluminum has very good heat transfer. The HKS Type-S has steel pipes.

·
Old School
4,014 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Intercooler piping metal question???

RSA Supra said:

Chip,

I'm pretty sure (just installed a Greddy 3-row on Maury's car) that the pipe exiting the IC is cast alluminum. It is heavier and thicker, but still alluminum.

Hey, you're probably right Ryan. That sucker sure is heavy, though.

Maybe I need to spend some more time in the gym?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
According to parts list for the greddy 3-row the only aluminum pipe is the cast/heavy one. The rest are listed as steel. At least that is what mine said when I got it about a month ago.

Daniel

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
SupraWood said:
According to parts list for the greddy 3-row the only aluminum pipe is the cast/heavy one. The rest are listed as steel. At least that is what mine said when I got it about a month ago.

Daniel
They must not have update their English translation. They used to be steel and be powdercoated blue, but now they are polished alluminum.

Chip,

What are you talking about. I bet you look like Groundskeeper Willie when you talk your shirt off. :D

Y

·
0 Posts
a little off topic, but anyone know what kinda metal is the Xs Engineering fmic piping? thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts