Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have Horsepowerfreaks intercooler piping that goes through the fender and down to the intercooler on the passenger side??

·
Registered
9,671 Posts
If you are talking about it following stock location, I have that.

Jason

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HPF was supposed to supply me with driver and passenger side piping, but they said they can't supply intercooler piping that will fit through the fender to the intercooler. I know the kit is supposed to be based on the greddy 3-row, so I cannot understand why they can get/have it made. I am using a BL 67 turbo kit, and they told me I would have to cut the flange off of the end of the turbo and weld one going straight down under the car to fit there passenger side piping (took them almost a month to finally tell me that).

·
J-Spec 4 Life
938 Posts
supdawg2u
I don't know if this will help you but when i bought my Blitz FMIC with piping I had to dremel the hole where the piping went to make it fit better. I don't know if that's an option for you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately, I am going to have to get intercooler piping only for the passenger side that will run from the entrance hole of the fender to the intercooler which has a straight flange. I was wondering if anyone else had HPF piping and was single turbo to figure out my options. Most likely I will have to get it fabricated...any suggestions for inexpensive fabricating?

·
Under Construction
555 Posts
supdawg2u said:
HPF was supposed to supply me with driver and passenger side piping, but they said they can't supply intercooler piping that will fit through the fender to the intercooler. I know the kit is supposed to be based on the greddy 3-row, so I cannot understand why they can get/have it made. I am using a BL 67 turbo kit, and they told me I would have to cut the flange off of the end of the turbo and weld one going straight down under the car to fit there passenger side piping (took them almost a month to finally tell me that).

I still don't understand why people want the intercooler pipe to go through the fender. That elbow after the turbo kills the flow. Talk about restriction. I would rather have it coming down since the air will flow much better.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer
3,333 Posts
supdawg2u said:

We supply that IC pipe with our turbo kit... Shoot me an email/pm/call 512-371-9960 to let me know the details of your setup and we will get you squared away.

·
Very Senior Member
10,054 Posts
TwinTurboPete said:
I still don't understand why people want the intercooler pipe to go through the fender. That elbow after the turbo kills the flow. Talk about restriction. I would rather have it coming down since the air will flow much better.
Not to mention what a PITA it is to get to!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts