Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading about replacing the pipes at 60k should I just go with a fmic? I eventually want to go single turbo. Can I just get the intercooler for that now? Or will the pipe routing be all messed up?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
yes you can get just the intercooler for now check out mvp the greddy or the hks unit will do !

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Greddy FMIC..... best quality by far. It'll be great for single later down the road too. I'll get pics when mine's here hopefully by friday.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I can use that intercooler with my stock twins for now then?

·
Registered
103 Posts
IC

When you go single, I think a couple of the pipes before the FMIC will need to be changed. On the Greddy FMIC for stock twins there are 3 IC pipes before the FMIC. The 2 pipes after the FMIC will not need to be changed after conversion.

Hope this helps,

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are their pics anywhere between the two kits? I definitely want to have at least 600rwhp when I'm done. Is there a guideline I should go by when I go intercooler shopping?

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Greddy 4row it is then!

I ASSume that finding the pipes to swap stock to single isn't too big a deal? If that's the case then an FMIC may come my way sooner rather than later :D These get sold used very often or do most people who buy them hang onto them while expanding the rest of their setup?

Edit: Can I assume that getting the Greddy I won't need the HKS Hardpipe kit as all pipes will be upgraded? Or does the Greddy utilize any of the stock stuff? TIA!

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GReddy unit comes with all the hardpipes. HKS not needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts