Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NA,
can I put on an intercooler to increase my HP?
or is it only for Turbos?
And is there a way to make those BOV sounds without the turbo?
Sorry for the dumb questions, as I am new to Supra.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
No, intercooler would only benefit the Turbos. And BOV are for Turbos only. Just get a Turbo kit so could have both and they would actually do something other than just look cool.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
At least he apologized for the dumb questions....Poor guy. :D

·
Is it turbo??
760 Posts
a long long time ago i had the same questions but i was too chicken to ask anyone. i later read about it... research is your friend :) :) :)

·
NA-T member
455 Posts
atmsel said:
I have a NA,
can I put on an intercooler to increase my HP?
or is it only for Turbos?
And is there a way to make those BOV sounds without the turbo?
Sorry for the dumb questions, as I am new to Supra.
Thanks a lot.
Your going to find that the NA community is a little kinder then the TT. You got lucky posting this in the NA section, as the TT guys would have probably murdered you on this one.... :rolleyes:

You seem to have a lot to learn. Go to www.howstuffworks.com and start reading. Get an idea of how our engines work and what is the roll of the parts that you've listed.

You can always ask questions, but the more you learn on your own the less dumber your going to sound.

Do you actually own a supra?
Looking to buy one?
Post a pic.

And welcome to the community!!!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Re: Re: Intercooler Question

NCSUpra said:
Your going to find that the NA community is a little kinder then the TT. You got lucky posting this in the NA section, as the TT guys would have probably murdered you on this one.... :rolleyes:

Thats so true. I don't like posting much in the TT section. Alot of them are rude and unpatient. They think the Search function is the answer for everything. Even though I'll be TT soon, I'll still be hangine around here most of the time.

·
SupraMadic
907 Posts
well, if your a newbie you want to ask questions because you feel that others know more.. that is the part of learning..sometimes supra owners are a little rude because you have to understand same question or stupid questions come up.. lets just be patient guys..=D that is why the forums are here for us to share and learn

Jay

·
i need horsepower
1,365 Posts
basically intercoolers are used in a turbo setup, cools down the air from the turbo going into the engine. NA's dont use them unless you bolt up a turbo kit.

BOV is also for turbo setups, when you shift it releases the boost built from a turbo, no turbo=no need...But you can buy the fake kind in the link above, but i strongly advise you not to, its frowned upon.

post a pic

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
Leave the supras for the true enthusiast! I would tell you that you have a LOT to learn, but that would be an understatement. If you even plan on modifying your car, please try and lear.....forget it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm sure you guys have never asked stupid questions. :rolleyes: Anyways, eveyone starts somewhere....he's just a little lower than most. Either way welcome to the Supra community and all of its greatness....and shittyness.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Maybe we can have a thread just dedicated to questions like these. Cause I have one that I searched for but could not find answers.

I want to know where I can get those little Bass and Trebble dials on our Stock Radios? I'm missing one and it's driving me CRAZY. Can anyone help?

I was going to start a thread about this but decided against it. So answer me in this stupid thread here. Thanks

X

·
0 Posts
MARK ASS NICKLE TRICK FO SHO RICER MY EVO IS SUPAFAAST TAKE THAT MARK ASS NICKLE TRICK MARK BITCH AIIGHT

1 - 20 of 23 Posts