Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting a intercooler sprayer, like a cry02 or something with c02 on a the stock front mount? just looking for a little more power, wonderin what your opinons are in this set up, also looking for a front mount kit for mk3, any good recomendations where to get one? (piping and all)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Intercooler sprayer will work on any IC.

·
Registered
945 Posts
any sort of extra cooling will reap gains. However the cost of the sprayer and its gains, may not equal that of just an IC upgrade. Depending on your budget of course. An IC will liven up your factory turbo and give you added cooling as well.

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
Buttmunch said:
Why the rolled eyes??? Just ask John Lunsford;) stock IC is good for over 350rwhp.
What power anyone has made on any stock part bears further review.

There is a stark difference between supporting power & enduring it. The stock IC merely endures. It is anything but good for your engine at elevated output levels. This knowledge has been around a lot longer than SFs has.

·
Registered
945 Posts
you will gain alot more power from just an IC upgrade, the stocker loses 3 psi per 10. Someone recently logged a HUGE boost in power and response from an IC upgrade on factory turbo and IC pipes. so in full stock form with a better IC you will more than likely see 9-10 psi. add hardpipes, intake and exhaust and you have a strong force to contend with.

·
Registered
233 Posts
It's been said and proved MANY MANY times but I'll say it again. The stock intercooler has no problems unless you want more than 400. This "3 psi drop" crap is nothing but BS. I know this because I've tested them myself and I also had one flow tested. Gus Mahon also agreed that the stock Mk3 intercooler is way better than everyone thinks/says. There's nothing wrong with a bigger better intercooler, but your money is better spent elsewhere unless you're over 400.
I don't see why so many doubt what stock stuff will do. My car has been on the road longer than a lot of the guys on here have even had their Supra and it has mostly stock stuff, including the intercooler, pistons, rods, injectors, all the turbo but the comp, etc. etc., etc. and is trouble free for the most part. It makes well over 400 rwhp and runs in the high 11's. What more can you ask for from these cars? I just don't see the logic in going the next step and spending several thousand for that extra half second or less? Maybe another 100 hp? It just isn't worth it. If you want something faster and better than that, you better just get something lighter (a lot) and with a 2JZ in it.
Just my two cents worth, but what do I know? lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts