Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what kind of intercooler yall have, I want to see how they set theirs the styles and etx. which is the best and cost effective. I like ARC almost like stock design but more capacity and better flow. gimme your opinions!

and pics!!

·
Boost is my drug!
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is custom good. I would have to find a good welder that will make it look good not jacked up welding with thick spots or a squared homemade end tanks or some strange coversions. but im just exaggerating here. name brands may not be important right now but I am eyeing for spearco and arc intercoolers. for the price and good looking styles instead of "hks, greddy,blah" which I truly wish I could afford $1000 IC! but if any of you had pics of your custom intercoolers. please post away. we love pics! let's see em :)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
When I was BPU i used the Spearco with good results.

I currently run the AMS II intercooler, and I love it. Direct bolt-on. This is the same intercooler that I've used to win numerous street races and made countless 12 second passes with. I love this IC :).

·
Do You Even HKS, Bro?!?
1,493 Posts
HPF came out with an IC for us. Keith Hart has one on his car and it looks to be pretty good.

Really not sure about price or specs, so I'd reccommend calling Joe.

BTW, I have a Large NPR IC and like it a lot. It's always ice cold and has a huge surface area. Dave from Supertmotorsports also runs one on his race truck which is damn close to a 9 sec truck..

Kevin

·
Registered
945 Posts
the AMS are made by cartech, and are well known for their quality. ARC are nice, but fairly rare over here. RRE can build what you want for a design and allow you to chose the core, and use any of several cast end tanks for better flow than most of the cheaper box types. The box tank design is the cheapest and easiest to do however, and any rad shop could whip one up in a few minutes.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
roadrace ic. $510 welded and shipped. hks tanks.

·
greasemonkey
3,144 Posts

where can i get cast endtanks like this but for a 24in long core? rre doesnt have them that long. i have seen them before.
william

·
AEM SP63
1,465 Posts
I'd have to say Apex 3 Row

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,328 Posts
IMO Spearco is best... 1080 CFM flow drop in core... Easiest, 3.5" wide, top to bottem allows for the huge flow numbers...

The Griffen drop in is a sweet setup too but at only 2.75" wide it doesn't flow enough IMO. Still 910 CFM.... My turbo supports a bit more then 1000 CFM (according to lance wolken).. When talking to Jimbo about the arc he told me he doesn't see it being that efficient pass 450RWHP. The maxx setups have great cooling since they are side to side but you need the huge one to get the same flow as the spearco top to bottom. Trey where is the proof that garret’s are the best? Btw Garret cores have fins inside the cooler channels which cause better cooling but more pressure drop.. Spearco's don't at all IIRC. There was that auzzie site that talks alot about IC's and the different types... IMO if you don't have a huge open bumper like trey's there is no need for the maxx ic since you can't cool the parts of the ic that are hidden form the grill.

BTW RRE does have the 24" end tanks go look a little harder.. It's on the same page that they have the griffens and spearco's

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,985 Posts
Intercoolers are like condoms. They all pretty much work, & 10 guys will use 10 different brands.

·
greasemonkey
3,144 Posts
i emailed them about it and they said they can weld up endtanks for it, but id rather have the cast. ill check again. i was planning on the 24x8x2.75 griffin top-bottom flow.
william

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
eric-
i hope you arent trying to say cfm is based on thickness. sure overall core size is, design, etc. but not purely width.

howard-
haha yeah that ic is huuge. but not having mkiv style intake mani i (along w/ sev others id guess) would have to go thru a lot to make that mate up.

lar-
haha true.

and also- my ic is the same one that eric put down 600rw+ on fwiw.

dave

1 - 20 of 42 Posts