Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

The car runs great needless to say. Yesterday I installed a new speedometer cable and LED's in the cluster. We decided to take it out for a nice afternoon drive and my wife noticed my E-01 was outputting strange readings. I have RPM's set on channel 2 output on the display and we noticed that at some point, the rev's go haywire on the E-01. It will read normal and then all the sudden it doesn't read right. It seems that revving it in the garage, the rpm's read accurately, but it starts to go haywire under load, on the road. It also happens above about 3000. Once it goes haywire, it will not go back to normal. When I mean haywire, the display will read about 600-700 rpm's and then switch to about 1500 rpm's at higher rpm's. If I let the car idle, it will return to normal operation eventually, but start again once I start driving and put the car under load. It does NOT do it just sitting in the garage revving the engine though.

I do have the brown wire, which is the rpm signal wire, reading from the same wire the E-manage is reading from on my jumper harness. I need to verify and see if the E-manage is reading strange results or if it is reading accurately.

Any ideas? I've thought perhaps some sort of interference somewhere.

- Chris

·
Registered
39 Posts
With my EO1 and Emanage I didnt hook up the brown wire I hooked up a cable from the emanage to the EO1 and it reads what the Emanage sends it

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My thought is that I knocked a wire loose, but I don't know for sure. I don't have the connect cable for the E-01 to read data from the E-manage. All I have is the USB cable to control it.

·
:)
2,125 Posts
This is kinda offtopic but how are you fitting all the wires in taht small area. My wires in my glove are EVERYWHERE.

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
are you adjusting timing on the emanage?

I know when i did on the 7m it would screw with my tach readings.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I picked up a cable from a computer store it was like $10 works like a champ, I've adjusted timing on mine and have never had any issues, I keep everything in my glove box as well ecu, emanage, and wideband controller theres no room for anything else

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ProjectGoFast said:
I picked up a cable from a computer store it was like $10 works like a champ, I've adjusted timing on mine and have never had any issues, I keep everything in my glove box as well ecu, emanage, and wideband controller theres no room for anything else
Are you saying you only used the USB cable to connect the E-man to the E-01? Just wanted to clarify.

I am using the USB cable to connect the two, but I have the brown wire also running to read rpm's from the ecu. You're saying that I can unplug it and run the USB cable alone?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I ran a usb just by itself and had no issues either.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Maybe it doesn't like the USB and hardwire signals at the same time so they're 'fighting'?

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,222 Posts
i though the EMU and the E01 where not compatable?

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
:cough: AEM :cough:

Just buy the damn AEM and all your problems you even had will be gone b/c the AEM Ferry will come and sprinkle little bits of pixy dust, that's soy based and bio-degradable, and it'll make you engine fly like it really should!

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigTSetter said:
:cough: AEM :cough:

Just buy the damn AEM and all your problems you even had will be gone b/c the AEM Ferry will come and sprinkle little bits of pixy dust, that's soy based and bio-degradable, and it'll make you engine fly like it really should!

LOL Bryan! You're funny! I know I know... I've spent so much on the damned thing already, but you're right.

I was thinking the signals are getting crossed too since I have the USB cable connected AND the brown RPM wire. I'll look into that tonight. I meant to do it last night and honestly crashed on the couch when I got home from work. Monday's are always tough.

I'll disconnect the brown RPM signal wire this evening and report back.

Thanks again for the suggestions guys!

- Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts