Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found $300-2000 sets with the motor assembly and everything, but i just like how it looks.

ex:

From mkiv.com

would there be interest in the possibility of fabricating and selling just the front spoiler lip in this style? i don't know how to do this, or if an add-on to the stock spoiler or one entire piece would work, or if people already tried and encountered problems attempting to make these.

but from what i saw, more than a few people show interest in the way this spoiler looks (and works). i'm just looking for something to enhance the styling of the front, i like the stock body look and the aero front spoiler adds just that extra touch.

and looking at all the other front lips available, average costs are around $200 ballpark, and i'd rather spend something around there (or even less) for an aero front spoiler lip if it was made and sold in the USA, where it's definitely a rarity and too expensive (for me at least) to get the genuine toyota parts.

yeah, so what do you all think? would someone make this? :)

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
thedarcsage said:
i found $300-2000 sets with the motor assembly and everything, but i just like how it looks.

ex:

From mkiv.com

would there be interest in the possibility of fabricating and selling just the front spoiler lip in this style? i don't know how to do this, or if an add-on to the stock spoiler or one entire piece would work, or if people already tried and encountered problems attempting to make these.

but from what i saw, more than a few people show interest in the way this spoiler looks (and works). i'm just looking for something to enhance the styling of the front, i like the stock body look and the aero front spoiler adds just that extra touch.

and looking at all the other front lips available, average costs are around $200 ballpark, and i'd rather spend something around there (or even less) for an aero front spoiler lip if it was made and sold in the USA, where it's definitely a rarity and too expensive (for me at least) to get the genuine toyota parts.

yeah, so what do you all think? would someone make this? :)

·
feeding your habit
4,015 Posts
yes, you can make it. The cost to make an active setup like this, that looked at least similar would be way more than you could get a used one for. The demand is very low, even if tons of people SAY they want one, you'd need lots of DEPOSITS before you spent any more time on this....

·
Banned
6,638 Posts
Thats would be cool, but you have to remember, a FMIC wont fit with all that. thats why you can find so many of them. so if you make them, you have to make some room for one..

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, looks like lots of problems could come up, i'm just looking for the lip add-on part. So i don't think it would interfere with anything because it would mount with the stock lip. and i would put a deposit down unless it comes out to be an outrageous price $500 or something.

just seeing if any fabricators would take this venture or at least test the potential.

if there are people who won't sign up then i guess that's the end of that idea. but if there are people interested, i want to see a list of potential buyers or even interests (for future buyers maybe).

depending on where this all leads to...

and more pics:

From SpeedUp

Again From SpeedUp

From Yasir

From Peter

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
Are you sure you can't fit an FMIC and the active front lip?
the lip itself will fit, but the motor that automatically lowers and raises the lip will not work with a fmic

it sits in the mouth of the bumper...

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
MyKarIsVicious said:
the lip itself will fit, but the motor that automatically lowers and raises the lip will not work with a fmic

it sits in the mouth of the bumper...
So you could do it, but it has to stay down the whole time?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's it? if so, then that's that. i just saw something with potential for profit and something consumers might like. whatever the outcome, damn, i still want that lip though. :p

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, i guess this isn't going anywhere. :p no lip for me...maybe someone will take this up in the future.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yup i do have this spoiler on my 1994 TT and to top it off i actually have it for almost 4 years now :D Yes the FMIC is not compatible with this spoiler and no you can not drive all the time with this spoiler down as it's too low and will scrap :(
Yes the spoiler is functional and i have a switch that will move the spoiler up and down,yeeha ;) I think i still have the wiring schematics should any one need one to hook this puppy up.I must say i love this spoiler and will not trade it for any thing else.
Yasir

1 - 17 of 17 Posts